• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary clutch cracked. Crank damage.

D
Feb 10, 2016
While out last week I had my primary clutch crack in half and fall off. Had hell getting the other half off the crank. Accidentally got too close to crank while trying to cut it off. Also the clutch seemed to almost weld itself to the crank. Are these issues with the crank going to effect the the mounting of the new clutch and or the balance. Should I even try and run it.
IMG_20190221_171825.jpg
IMG_20190221_171717.jpg
IMG_20190221_171807.jpg
IMG_20190221_171815.jpg

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Ok should be a Fuji crank I'll look and see what I have. Otherwise my crank builder has a shelf full of new OEM cranks.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
After it cracked it spun on the crank, which is why it seemed to be welded. The case does looked chipped behind the top of the torque stop and below where the plastic cover starts over the oil line. Someone gets to split the case, might as well freshen up the top.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Really shouldn't be to expensive of a fix. It will be more of your time that gets eaten up. Unless you are paying someone to pull the motor and split it. Then it will be a good chunk of change.

D
Feb 10, 2016
So I can get away with just repacking the pto end. Should the worry about the crank itself from the clutch breaking and possibly spinning on the crank.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
How much for a new crank. Also who would you suggest sending the crank too do get worked on if I go that route.

I'll get a price for you on Monday for the new one and I'll ask him roughly how much it would cost to fix your old 1. As far as fixing your old 1 a good crankshaft rebuild shop should be able to fix it. Theres a shop locally here that I use he's also the one with new cranks or you could send it out to indy specialties or Utah crankshafts I dont know of any in CO. If you want to get back on the snow soon a new crank would be your best bet.

D
Feb 10, 2016
I'll get a price for you on Monday for the new one and I'll ask him roughly how much it would cost to fix your old 1. As far as fixing your old 1 a good crankshaft rebuild shop should be able to fix it. Theres a shop locally here that I use he's also the one with new cranks or you could send it out to indy specialties or Utah crankshafts I dont know of any in CO. If you want to get back on the snow soon a new crank would be your best bet.

Perfect thank you

Premium Features