• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Found THE riding SPOT then found a ROCK.

D
Mar 13, 2014
Went riding last weekend in Island Park and found this perfect area to ride. It was like a huge skate park for sleds. The snow was deep but I was in a little drainage and found a rock that brought me to an instant dead stop, I was probably going about 20 MPH. I am riding a G4 175, not sure what my body did exactly it happened so fast. I ripped half my coat off me, bent the handle bars about 2 inches and bent an upper A arm.

Took the hood off the sled yesterday to inspect the bulk head and it looks to be just fine. I don't know if I got lucky or what but that was a hard hit, my forearms are bruised, my knee is banged up and my hip is bad enough I can't lift my leg. Point is after all the Ski Doo G4 internet stories I thought it was done for.

Last edited by a moderator:

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Ha Ha.. kindred spirits I hit one in Black canyon went over the bars about ten feet. Bent my upper arm pretty good, but bulkhead looks fine, glad I added the grip n rip bracing. Wish I had some bracing for my knees.. man that hurt :face-icon-small-blu

IMG_0364.jpg IMG_0365.jpg

D
Mar 13, 2014
Ha Ha.. kindred spirits I hit one in Black canyon went over the bars about ten feet. Bent my upper arm pretty good, but bulkhead looks fine, glad I added the grip n rip bracing. Wish I had some bracing for my knees.. man that hurt :face-icon-small-blu

Ha! We were close but I was on the other side. Maybe the extra bracing really made a big difference.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Got home yesterday, we dropped into Black Canyon, went about halfway down and decided we were not interested in playing Russian roulette.

Saturday evening the trail between Black Canyon Loop and Big springs was the worst I had ever seen, there must have been thousands of people through there.

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
Saturday evening the trail between Black Canyon Loop and Big springs was the worst I had ever seen, there must have been thousands of people through there.

Bad around here too, all the trails into the mountains are either spun down to slick icy dirt, super rocky, or best case scenario, totally whooped out.

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
Take a look at the ski bolts and bushing. I hammered a rock the size of a truck pretty good this season as well. Nothing but the ski bolt and bushing was bent. It was mangled bad enough I had to beat it out with a big sledge. It looked fine, I decided to pull them to grease them.

Premium Features