• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torque strap ?

I
Jul 5, 2001
Ok who makes a motor torque strap/limiter for these 2018 850 and probably 2017 also....

If you see actully how much these motors move in the chassis under a load I can see why they destroy belts......:face-icon-small-sho

I know doo wants there “vibration or out of balance” to be minimal but this is crazy......

Arctic cat made different durometer motor mounts wonder if Skidoo has that in there race deptarment......

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
Ok who makes a motor torque strap/limiter for these 2018 850 and probably 2017 also....

If you see actully how much these motors move in the chassis under a load I can see why they destroy belts......:face-icon-small-sho

I know doo wants there “vibration or out of balance” to be minimal but this is crazy......

Arctic cat made different durometer motor mounts wonder if Skidoo has that in there race deptarment......

StraightLine Performance made a clutch tower brace for the 850's similar to the 800 etec Qrs brace that brp made, they claim it keeps the clutches & motor more aligned, i think it's $200 bucks check out there website!!:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
as far as I can tell the SLP torque strap does nothing to help the clutch alignment, the bracket it bolts to is secure to the bulkhead already. I think there needs to be something that impairs/limits engine movement, better mounts? engine torque stop?

Premium Features