• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz front bumper with Skid plate

Rmkguy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Moses Lake, Washington
Has anyone tried to install skins bumper with skidoo skid plate. I have skid plate installed and may need to modify skid plate to get bumper to fit wondering if anyone has tried this yet.
I dont think they are supposed to fit together but rules are made to be broken.

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
There Is a post on here titled full skid plate vs extreme skid, and someone on here has pics of the Rasmussen bumper working with doo's extreme skid plate, and It fit nice, and he also used skinz bash plate kit to protect the chain case side and clutch side, looks good, I'm going to use the same set up, I'll post some pics this weekend when i pick up my sled!!:face-icon-small-coo

jonsonfire81

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2009
Iowa
I just got done installing my Rasmussen bumper and I didn’t think it looked like it was worth cutting up the skid plate to make it fit with the bumper.

I didn’t take pictures but maybe the extreme skid plate would be easier to make it fit.

Wyopowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2013
Skinz bumper

Here is photo with skinz bumper skidoo extreme skid and skinz bash plate I am very happy with combo

7A2DDC89-DE1C-4A26-88FB-844B552E555D.jpg

R
Dec 15, 2021
CT
Thanks Folks.

I like the larger skid plate I'm firing up grinding wheel and gonna makem both fit.
I have the full skid plate on my 2019 xrs and I'm buying the skins rasmussen front bumper to go with it as well. someone said they did no trimming at all and installed right over. the website says you need longer hardware. did you end up trimming or installing over? ideally I'd like to go over to have the best of both protections.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I moved away from the full skid plate because it just held so much snow and ice.

The Rasmussen Skinz bumper is excellent and offers some good frontal protection down the belly pan to the lower A-arm attachment area.

R
Dec 15, 2021
CT
I moved away from the full skid plate because it just held so much snow and ice.

The Rasmussen Skinz bumper is excellent and offers some good frontal protection down the belly pan to the lower A-arm attachment area.
did you do anything for skid protection for gliding over hidden rocks/stumps?

Premium Features