• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Fusion 900 new problem i have not seen until now.

Aug 31, 2014
Hey everyone im new to this forum and im more frustrated than ever.

I own a 2005 fusion 900 with 1322 miles on the clock.
Its had most of the problems fixed and updated.

But heres a new one from last season that im still dealing with.

Rode it 228 miles on a great ride without a single problem. Stopped every 2 hours or so for a break and a drink and whatnot and it started every time no issue. (pull-start). Now heres the fun part i got it back to my trailer loaded it up like usual and drove home. I took the cover back off and gave her a pull and ot fired right up as usual except it only ran for a few seconds.... i figured ok ill pull again.... same exact thing every time every pull. Now i know what your thinking "Sounds like a normal fusion problem" Heres the interesting part.. I gave it a rest hit the killswitch and turned the key off. While i was inside my dad gave it a pull and it fired right up.. Key still off killswitch still hit. AS soon as i turned the key on it died but started right back up with the key off. Same thing with the kill switch if i pull it up it shuts off. Now i have not touched any wiring to get anything backwards it just happened between the trail and the drive home what the heck!? Please help.. Everything works and it rode perfectly with the key off and kill switch up except reverse wont work.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Sounds like a typical wiring issue with the 900. Rerouting and zip ties are a great way to eliminate future headaches. Run through your Wiring and check to see where anything has rubbed through

Aug 31, 2014
Probably should have mentioned that. I have checked everything that is touching that i can get to without un-plugging anything.

BUT. i just unplugged the keyswitch and cleaned it up (wasnt dirty but i figured why not might as well) and plugged it back in and it wouldnt start at all. So i unplugged the kill switch and TSS and pulled it over a few times with no luck.. plugged everythiing back in and it started right up with the key ON and the killswitch UP like it normally should. i let it run for 10 minutes and used the key few times to kill it and then the kill switch a few times to kill it and it kept firing back up perfect.. but now a little while later its back to being broke. only runs with key off and kill switch down. and if i unplug the kill and the TSS is doesnt start at all whatso ever same with the key switch.

Premium Features