• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VIO - POV 1.5 Camrea

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
Was thinkin of getting a VIO POV 1.5 camera, anyone have experience with this unit. Looks like a pretty durable unit seein how the military uses it, outdoorsy type?? any insight would be apperciated.

S

skark_burmer

Feb 19, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
i have one and its ok.
I like it because it is one single unit all packaged together and pretty durable. The image is not great, but you cant have everything.

Your other option is get a recording device with video input, bullet camera and 12v power supply for the camera. You'll end up spending about the same, get better image quality but have to do some homework on setup and the like.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

If you are not a video or electronics nerd, get the vio and save yourself some headache.

T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
I have one and like it for several reasons. The remote record is rad, never have to dig around for a button out of reach. It is one contained unit, battery life is good, video is good, but I needed to get a neutral density filter to keep the the over exposure common in bright sunny snowy light. It hepls eliminate the white out effect. Friends with the go pro like them, but they are a bit of a pain sticking up high and far off the head, but the flip side is they are easy to place in interesting places for unique perspective shots. I personally do not like having the go pro sticking way off the helmet, makes me feel like I am gonna loose it from a branch. That said the go pro HD pictures look great, better than the pov. hope that helps.

Nov 12, 2009
Camrose, AB
seen pov is releasing a HD version that shoots in native 1080p, only camera to do this. Should be top of the line in respect to the other brands after its release. I think i might put in a pre-order, only 650can.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
seen pov is releasing a HD version that shoots in native 1080p, only camera to do this. Should be top of the line in respect to the other brands after its release. I think i might put in a pre-order, only 650can.

That sounds great, can't wait to see some footage from that.

D

dre

Jan 25, 2008
Portland OR
vimeo.com
VioSport POV

I have a VioSport POV 1.5 camera for sale. It's the wide angle version, which is definately better that the 90 deg.

It's in very good condition. It works great. The recording unit itself is brand new, just got it back from Vio Sport. It still has the plastic on the screen.
I comes with fresh batteries, a 4gb memory card, remote control & all the cables you'll need. Also included an extra kit of mounts which allow you to mount it in all kinds of locations ( helmet, bike etc).

Brand new this unit is $400 & the mount kit is $70.
I'll part with it all for $200.

PM me on snowest if you're interested.

Dre

For some examples of the pov footage, check this link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/givemeabreak008?feature=mhum#p/u/1/DgFb329f3Kc

Premium Features