• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Break in ride...7.5 gallons in 33 miles...

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Gas guzzle

Just don’t try and judge fuel while still in break in. Trust me the gas bars go away then shortly after the gas light comes on then you go about 18 miles miles and it loses all forward momentum. I couldn’t tell if the gas light makes the ding or if it was the low oil warning dinging. One day sled goes 62mi on 7.5gal & uses a 1/4 of a tank of oil. Next day sled goes 75 mi on 9.5 gal & uses all but 1 inch of oil in tank. Get it off break in and at least fuel & oil usage can’t get any worse haha.:face-icon-small-con

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
It was deep today, I haven't looked at ODO to see how far I rode, but I'd guess 30-35 miles, got a gas beep and no bars of gas on the dash, that was with the sled pointing downhill a bit, I pointed it uphill a bit and had one bar on the gas gauge. I rode a bit more then left, and only put 6 gallons in the sled. I was beat and ready to leave anyway, but I was expecting to put 7-8 gallons in the tank...

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
With 150 miles on the 927TMS, I am getting around 10 mpg and not burning oil crazy, 1/2 tank most...but we have not had a good deep snow day yet to really test her.

Premium Features