• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can Search results please include 2 & 3 letter character strings?

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
Snowest search engine can't find threads titled with less than 4 characters. 99% of posts don't spell out "air fuel ratio" or "exhaust gas temperature" etc. so you effectively can't search for them.

Can the search engine be changed to accept 2 or 3 letter search strings also? It appears to start at 4 letters now. If the results list is too large and a problem for the server load, then restrict it to only work when searching "titles" under advanced. If that can be done, it will certainly decrease (somewhat at least) the repetitive posting and improve the user experience.

AFR EGT BOV PCV RKT Cat RMK TSS 162 153 PRO HCR fox 12v
12 13 14 c3 m8 m7 3" PC

The list goes on. A lot of useful threads are unsearchable even though they have been accurately titled.

Thanks! --Matt

Last edited:

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
We are dealing with 4 MILLION posts.
2-3 letter strings return INSANELY unusable results.

I imagine a title search for AFR under the proclimb forum would return a reasonable number that wouldn't overstress the system. It seems like this would work... but I admit that I'm no forum expert by any means.

Any way to make it title only so it doesn't overstress the system? I assume the search becoming a system resource hog is the main reason we can't try it?

Premium Features