• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 steering post ideas

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Read back through the old and archived posts in order to see if anyone has come up with a solution to the u joint in the stock post wearing out. There are recommendations to weld a new joint in there but no pics or post from users who have done it. I'm wondering if it is possible to just cut out the old pivot out and make an one piece solid post with the correct top plate angle and be done with my sloppy steering? I have seen pics of the fabcraft setup. Obviously it is no longer available. I can't find any info about this. Guessing all the older info was lost when snowest changed its forum around.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
never seen a straight steering post available for an 05 model??? JK...

I have one, its a Timbersled made product from years ago, not available anymore, but me and a buddy on here have talked in the past about making some available to you guys. But in the planning stages still. lol.

hoping he chimes in...if there's enough interest, I know he cant resist ;)

timbersledsteeringpost.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Lol, the only requirement is the fixed steering post plate like in the pic. Which is the flimsy timbersled one, but I'm sure most everyone has Polzin's plate by now. Lol

I'll send my broski a pm and see if he will chime in..you know him and you know the quality of his work trust me ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
Here's the 1 piece steering shaft.

These are made from chomolly therefore stronger and lighter than stock. A few options could be made available. A round tube top to allow direct mounting of your bar riser, also 1 or 2" taller than stock. These would be for the guys who already have a R/S delete kit because of the angle of the shaft shown in Guido's pic the upper mount is repositioned to follow the angle of the shaft when mounted in the chassis.

looks like there is enough interest to go ahead with this in limited quantity, but the first few will be built to order. Send a pm for price and delivery.

HiMark Racing

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Lincoln
Are these still available?? I pulling a motor for a friend because the whole steering needs to be replaced.

Thx in advance!

Premium Features