• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MH chain case chain

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
The problem with buying chain off the shelf is that it only comes in 120 link so you have to buy two of them to out fit both chains on a MH which is a lot more chain then you need. I called up Nate at Dirttricks and he was willing to get me chain cut to the amount of links I wanted for a really good price and its the Regina ZRE Z-ring chain, I think it's the best they make. I also buy my Ironman sprockets from him for dirt biking, hands down the best sprockets on the market.

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
That's not true actually. You can buy different length packaged chains, and the odd ball ones like 108 links long are the ones that usually go on clearance. If you happen to have decent relationship with a dealer, you can have them look for clearance chains from their suppliers, and you might get lucky.

Jon

The problem with buying chain off the shelf is that it only comes in 120 link so you have to buy two of them to out fit both chains on a MH which is a lot more chain then you need. I called up Nate at Dirttricks and he was willing to get me chain cut to the amount of links I wanted for a really good price and its the Regina ZRE Z-ring chain, I think it's the best they make. I also buy my Ironman sprockets from him for dirt biking, hands down the best sprockets on the market.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
That's not true actually. You can buy different length packaged chains, and the odd ball ones like 108 links long are the ones that usually go on clearance. If you happen to have decent relationship with a dealer, you can have them look for clearance chains from their suppliers, and you might get lucky.

Jon

Your right I shouldn't have said only 120 link but my point was that you are going to have to buy two chains that are to long and end up with a lot of extra chain. FYI for those wanting to buy new chain you will need 56 links for the chain case and 72 for the drive chain, those figures are based off of counting the master link. The 72 link will work for a 14 tooth counter and 20 tooth drive sprocket and the 56 link will work for the stock 14-20 chain case gearing.

C

caldbeckchris

Aug 8, 2010
MT
Chain

I bought a good o ring chain off of the shelf at my local bike shop, 114 links cut it in half have a back up two for one. The o ring chain was tighter had to actually dyi grind a little more adjustment to get er started but first ride loosened right up good to go, hope this helped.

Premium Features