• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 wr top end freshen up or BB

Y
Nov 26, 2007
due for a top ed refresh, any suggestion on big bore's wiht a mt horse. ipe up if you have done a big bore with my horse kit would love to hear your thoughts and experiences

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
If you wanna spend the money to do a big bore I would do it... I don't have one but I have always wanted a BB

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Having done a full rebuild myself on the same bike, I would recommend selling it and freshening it up by trading it in. That frame is in the way for just about every service aspect. I am not saying it's not a quality product just that it is such a pain to work on that I would not work on one again.

That's my based opinion based on personal experience.

Jon

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The WR is usually a pretty easy bike to sell since it can be street legal and the trail riders love them in the Northwest. It might be a little late in the season to do anything, but I agree with Jon that I would sell the bike and buy something with a close ratio gearbox. I loved my 08 WR450 a lot in the dirt, but it's not the best snowbike because of the gearbox.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
gears

I have both a yz250f and 450f with wr gear sets in them, so should be able to go the other way. when i built a sno bik I found a wr for the wide ratio, so far good. way cheaper and easier to find a clean cheap yz when you put a bike together. tons of near virgin Yz450's, not a good play bike for realistic people.

Premium Features