• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt Heat

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I had a weird smell coming form the the belt area this past weekend. I reached in and grabbed the belt, it didn't seem to hot considering I could hold on to it for a good 10 plus seconds before it started to become a little uncomfortable. What should the belt heat wise feel like???

Mar 15, 2011
If you can grab the belt and hold onto it for 10plus seconds your belt isnt to hot its just fine. when u grab ur belt and imediatly burn ur hand u have a problem but if ur able to grab and hold ur belt its not to hot.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
You shouldn't be smelling the belt if you can hold it that long. It must be something else... mine is way hotter than that this year:)eek:) and you can smell heat, but no other odor to it.

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I wish I could describe the smell. Even a buddy said hey you got a wierd smell that I can smell when following you. I smell it from time to time and i think I can smell that same smell from other sleds. I do have a small leak under the mag side exhaust,....maybe thats the smell?

Premium Features