• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flywheel

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Ok so I bought a used flywheel off of Ebay (it was a really good deal I thought).

When I got it today not everything that was in the picture came. What i'm missing is the thing that goes on the flywheel that looks like it would grab air and push it into the stator. I have tried looking it up online and the flywheel looks to be all one piece. Does anyone know what this is called or the part number????

I emailed the guy about it but he is not getting back to me!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Which part are you looking for in the picture I attached ? If it's #3, that's the starting pulley.
9743d06.gif

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
No thats not it, In the flywheel in the picture you can see there are little "fins" I didn't get them. But I have it taken care of the guy is really nice and he made a mistake and shipping it out to me tomorrow.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Just out of curiosity, do you have a picture of the part you are referring to showing what is "missing" ?

Now you've peaked my interest, lol:beer;

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I had mine off, trying to pull the flywheel without the polaris tool. It is indeed a separate piece. I don't think it serves any other purpose than cooling although I have my doubts it would push much air.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I had mine off, trying to pull the flywheel without the polaris tool. It is indeed a separate piece. I don't think it serves any other purpose than cooling although I have my doubts it would push much air.

I didn't think it would do much either, Was going to just go without it but was thinking it might be off balanced then.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Hmmmmm that's a deep thought. Maybe someone with more engine building experience can give us some insight on that, but I doubt it would be harmful to run without it. I have a flywheel somewhere in my basement, if I can find it I will gladly mail the ring to you.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Thanks Discodan but as of right now he said it was his mistake and is going to send it to me.

Wish I would have known that this ring came of i would have just found one of them insted of paying for the entire flywheel. The outside ring is all I damaged when my recoil blew up.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Right on, glad to hear he's going to take care of you.
I am set up for a stator / flywheel failure with spares but they continue to collect dust... knock on wood!:face-icon-small-ton

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Right on, glad to hear he's going to take care of you.
I am set up for a stator / flywheel failure with spares but they continue to collect dust... knock on wood!:face-icon-small-ton

I think sence I plan on keeping this sled tell Polaris comes out with another 900, i'm going to start stocing up on some parts if I find them for a good deal. Sled has been down way to much this year just becaue I have to wait two weeks to get parts.

Premium Features