• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Float Plate??

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Ok you all know I hit a rock and ripped off my cooler. Was wandering does the skinz float plate go back that far that it covers where the cooler is connected to the belly pan? Also post up any pics of yours. Was it hard to install??

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
yep! it would have saved your AZZ ! I am pretty sure it has mine! Not a bad install I would suggest that you trim it up a bit however it plenty big in a couple places. the only problem I have had is it the bolts and rivets on the bottom coming out or getting broken and letting it flop down in the back.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
yep! it would have saved your AZZ ! I am pretty sure it has mine! Not a bad install I would suggest that you trim it up a bit however it plenty big in a couple places. the only problem I have had is it the bolts and rivets on the bottom coming out or getting broken and letting it flop down in the back.

Agreed, it would have saved you... I was looking at mine yesterday when I rolled mine on a climb:eek::eek::D and it completely covers the cooler right back to the opening... no chance of anything catching on it. As said, it WILL need to be trimmed. Here's a pic of my install from this summer, not the greatest pic but anyway...:beer;

100_3413.jpg

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Wow just looking at these pics again and my sled If I would have had this on I don't think I would have had any damage (besides for the A-Arm). I'm going to be busy when all of my parts come. Thanks again everyone.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Yes works, I just put one on my 05 900 worked out well and a bit of trimming like Ford Guy & Polzi said I ended up using bolts rather then the rivets.
What kind of bolts did you use if you don`t mind me asking. My rivets have started to work their way out a little:rolleyes:

My install went pretty well after I got the first hole drilled, a few extra hands getting it into proper position before drilling was key!

Premium Features