• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI vs Evolution?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
None of these dyno run were to gather horsepower numbers. We were collecting other data. All run were @ 5.5-6 psi. HP# were right on target though.

Clearly you are up to something.
But what could that something be....

Why would MPI be at a Dyno facility doing hard core WOT runs on a new turbo if they weren't interested in horsepower/torque numbers.

Hmm

b373eeb5ea2e94c4c31c9930c43a1a39.jpg

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Years ago I had two boosted Phazers, one supercharged and one turbo. Both had some issues, but the customer service from MPI was SO far ahead of the other vendor that alone is sending me back to MPI.

I really would like to bash that turbo vendor that caused me hours of grief but I am going to let it go and just stay with MPI so it doesn't happen again.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I would like to see the other guys post dyno pull like this. WOT 2+ minutes!! One more test we need to pass that the other guys don't need to pass let alone even run. This is 1 of 6 WOT we ran.

Matt, we have stayed out of this thread to be respectful of our past relationship. Although I do not have video of it, I can tell you that we do similar grueling tests - except at 12 lbs. With respect to our piggyback technology, yes the masses will have to wait and see, but we know it works.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Matt, we have stayed out of this thread to be respectful of our past relationship. Although I do not have video of it, I can tell you that we do similar grueling tests - except at 12 lbs. With respect to our piggyback technology, yes the masses will have to wait and see, but we know it works.

Care to elaborate any on what kind of "Grueling" tests you have performed on your packages?

I am sure other SnoWest members would love to hear about it.

And just how long will the masses have to wait before they KNOW about your piggyback technology?

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
I would like to see the other guys post dyno pull like this. WOT 2+ minutes!! One more test we need to pass that the other guys don't need to pass let alone even run. This is 1 of 6 WOT we ran.

Running 2 mins straight at WOT is nothing huge, but, if its passing EPA standards at the same time thats something to brag about!!

I think you guys build a VERY nice product, but, it also comes at a premium cost. I think cost wise, its over what a majority of people can afford. If this "piggyback" system or other components can shave some cost from your kit, it could be VERY popular. :)

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
There's a common denominator shared by all turbos....They all cost $$$$ before, during and after the sale. How many more pages of which kit is better are yet to come.

Boise State is building the Viper Dome.

DPG

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Care to elaborate any on what kind of "Grueling" tests you have performed on your packages?

I am sure other SnoWest members would love to hear about it.

And just how long will the masses have to wait before they KNOW about your piggyback technology?

We do back to back 1 minute dyno pulls with full instrumentation including AFR, Boost, EGT, Engine Water Temp, IAT, IC Water Temp again at 8 & 12lbs. We also add a knock sensor and use a "Knock Box" to listen for detonation.

Field testing verifications have been done in Colorado, Wyoming, British Columbia and Minnesota.

The piggyback was a joint effort between our company and another well known electronics company. The features we deemed critical to have the best running sled possible - Electronic altitude compensated boost control, timing control, scaled injectors, toggle switch operated multi map pump gas/race gas tunes.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The piggyback was a joint effort between our company and another well known electronics company.

The features we deemed critical to have the best running sled possible - Electronic altitude compensated boost control,
timing control,
scaled injectors,
toggle switch operated multi map pump gas/race gas tunes

All desirable features.:face-icon-small-hap

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Running 2 mins straight at WOT is nothing huge, but, if its passing EPA standards at the same time thats something to brag about!!

All I can say right now is YES! As soon as I can say more I will. This video is only 1 of many WOT pulls we made. I'll post more because some of them are pushing over 4 minutes.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States

All I can say right now is YES! As soon as I can say more I will. This video is only 1 of many WOT pulls we made. I'll post more because some of them are pushing over 4 minutes.

Are you using a Crank Dyno or Track Dyno ?

Premium Features