• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Soooo we built this Viper

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Neils Viper definitely got rode like the town bike. Alot of people swung a leg over it. I was surprised how light the chassis rode compared to a Nytro. I think it will be a great package. Was really cool to ride one so early with boost. Cant wait to see how one performs with a 174x3" and a Racers Edge skid.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Neils Viper definitely got rode like the town bike. Alot of people swung a leg over it. I was surprised how light the chassis rode compared to a Nytro. I think it will be a great package. Was really cool to ride one so early with boost. Cant wait to see how one performs with a 174x3" and a Racers Edge skid.

was the chassi good enough to make you want one:face-icon-small-win still pissed i couldnt get down to try it:face-icon-small-dis

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
C'mon NM, let's hear your viper review & maybe some pics.
Well after 3 days in this sled I am impressed. I would always here how impressed the 1100 Cat guys were with the way the chassis handled, and now know see why. The biggest difference is how the motor sits a bit higher and lays farther back then the cat motor. This removes a bunch of weight from over the skis. The motor on this sled pretty much sits right under the handlebars which makes it much easier to handle and steer.
Most people that rode the sled said they couldn't feel the extra weight of the four stroke, and couldn't believe how easy the sled would flip up on its side and stay there.
The stock Cat skid was overwhelmed by the torque and had no chance of holding the front end down, but it was playful to say the least. We have put a Racers Edge arm in it while still using the stock 2.6 Cat track, so I'm sure it will be a huge improvement. We have also done a bit more clutching and changed the exhaust housing on the turbo to. 64 for a bit more responsiveness. We were going to do that when we built the sled but never had one in stock.

I love the sled and have ordered a couple for Boost-It shop sleds that my son TJ and I will ride next season. I really like my two stroke turbo, but something about that torque you feel when you wack the throttle of this sled puts a huge smile on your face.
The Viper does an unbelievable job of bridging the gap between two and four stroke sleds.
We have announced pricing for this turbo kit at 5995.00 including a water to air intercooler, garrett GT 2860 turbo, extra injector fuel system,electronic boost controller, full gauges, clutching, etc. To upgrade to 270 hp or so, only a headshim will be required.
Hope to give it another go this weekend.

IMG_00000073.jpg IMG_00000074.jpg

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Please

Still would love to see some video of this sled running on the hill please!! Come on Neil give us just a little.....

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Added a 174

So how does the nytro motor compare to say a 11t with a superchute turbo on pump gas? Obviously since it is honestly apples to apples now in the same chassis. I would say big chute but that is limiting the turbo to somewhat of the stock turbo while the superchute is a complete new turbo.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Still would love to see some video of this sled running on the hill please!! Come on Neil give us just a little.....
We might ride it one more time so will try and get some videos.
We have it running really good, but could not stop it from going lean at anything over 5-6 lbs boost with the stock fuel pump.
We have now added a high pressure pump so we are confident that will fix the issue.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
So how does the nytro motor compare to say a 11t with a superchute turbo on pump gas? Obviously since it is honestly apples to apples now in the same chassis. I would say big chute but that is limiting the turbo to somewhat of the stock turbo while the superchute is a complete new turbo.
All I will say at this point is that the two sleds are quite different to ride.

:face-icon-small-coo

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
All I will say at this point is that the two sleds are quite different to ride.

:face-icon-small-coo

Hmmm don't do that to me. I used to have a custom turbo vector in a rev. I know how much I like the nytro motor. . . . But I have all the stuff done to the 11t now. I am happy with it other than clutches. But part f me wonders about the viper.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Thanks!
If it runs nothing like a Cat, is it still a Cat??

Yet it handles like a cat. . . . . Hmmm I don't think any are doubting the nytro motor as it has been proven to be a winner. Just a lot of people would love to see how it handles in a the cat chassis. Yamaha new the chassis was superior so they figured out a way to make it a home for the nytro engine. I am still thinking something has been kept secret why cat and yamaha came together on this. Yamaha is a big winner for getting a new chassis but what did cat really get other than the nytro motor from the deal?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Yet it handles like a cat. . . . . Hmmm I don't think any are doubting the nytro motor as it has been proven to be a winner. Just a lot of people would love to see how it handles in a the cat chassis. Yamaha new the chassis was superior so they figured out a way to make it a home for the nytro engine. I am still thinking something has been kept secret why cat and yamaha came together on this. Yamaha is a big winner for getting a new chassis but what did cat really get other than the nytro motor from the deal?
It handles more like an 800 then an 1100.
I know the Cat guys don't love the deal because they feel Cat got the short end of it, but once the Cat guys see a boosted Viper run they will realize why Cat wanted the Yamaha motor.
I also have a feeling Yamaha would like to change a few things about the Cat chassis.

Premium Features