• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High Capacity Tank for the IQ

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
I just wanted to let everyone know that Trail Tank has completed a tank for the IQ. It contains a total of 15.5 gallons. It is currently available in clear and black should be out soon.

Check out www.trailtank.net for more details.

The pictures are of the winning Irondog team sleds with a quick refill cap. The production ones use the OEM cap.

Last edited:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Now that's a tank. Only thing is they should have moved the filler neck forward 2-3" and raised it up a bit and filled the rest of the void under the console as they can get another gallon and a half out of it. This would work much better than stock.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Great post John... NO more need to carry an extra can on the back or dump fuel all over yourself on the trail when adding extra gas.

The tanks may also be available, on custom order, in other colors. Translucent red, that will still allow you to see the fuel leve will look nice on the new red Dragons.

As John said, the production tanks use the stock fuel cap (or drop a little weight and go with a non gauge cap)...There is NO cutting of the console needed.

This shows a flatland sled...the Mountain sled pix will be up soon.

I really like the "Clear" tanks... no more guessing if the fuel gauge is correct.

Trail Tanks (TT) is also working on a lighweight seat for this that will drop approx 3.5 lbs out of the assembly.

TTIQM021.jpg

TTIQM022.jpg

TTIQM019.jpg

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
$340 with standard Polaris fuel cap hole?

The above pictures show a more expensive quick fuel port.

I sure wish those clear tanks would have a molded gallon gage on them.

Has anyone ever tried to cut a black tank and weld a clear strip from top to bottom?

Premium Features