• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

word of advice to riders who get stuck and those who ride with riders who get stuck

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
well I was up riding this weekend and there were sleds stuck everywhere. there were alot of people working way to hard getting there sleds unstuck. I say spend the $70 and get a sno-bunje, I stopped and helped several people and told them to stop digging and I pulled them out with a bunje. if you have 2 or more you can pull most sleds out of most situations unless you are on a hill side trying to pull it up hill then you need 4 or more. just trying to help those in need since everybody who I helped said " I can't beleive how good they work"

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I used my sled to sled snobunje this weekend and it worked awesome. I got it for xmas from my wife.
The first time I hooked it up and told my brother to be ready to hit the throttle when it pulls. I may have given it too much and he wasn't expecting that much of a pull. Pulled the sled out from under him :). It was really funny but his sled wasn't stuck anymore. I was surprised that even with my sled on untracked snow I didn't burn in. When we both get the hang of it, I'll use the ski strap.

Please post pics of where/how you carry your sled-to-sled snobunje. I just hooked mine on my snoweliminators and around my tunnel bag. Doesn't move but it is in the way sometimes.

Last edited:
B
Nov 21, 2007
Jackson WY
You don't really have to pull to have it work well. All you really have to do is get into position by leaning back and stretching the bunjies. Have the stuck guy throttle it out, and you sit down.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
I have had lots of practice with our hand-held with me, my wife & daughter. Just get in position start to fall/lean back on the count of 2 & have them ride out on the count of 3. With two bunjies you can do amazing things to a stuck sled. I've found that the hard part is convincing other people to give it a try.

I

indy28

Nov 26, 2007
N. Wisconsin
Just got one for Christmas (sled to sled and my bro got the D-handle). Can't wait to try it out this weekend. 5 days to we hit West.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I don't have one and I got stuck a few times pretty good this weekend. We always just pull on the skis, works great, not sure if a bunje would work much better. I will have to get a pic up of my best stuck, had to dig a 12' hole 4' deep to turn my sled around in, and then manage to get it on top of 4' of powder again, what a fun time!

C
Jan 24, 2002
Helena, MT
I was not exactly sold at first..

but they make your arm 3' longer.
we used to pull a ski, and pop em out.. but the bunge makes your arms longer... $60 ?? easier than building one.

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
We each have one of the Rattlers and they work awesome. I wouldnt ride with out them. I was skeptical at first but once you figure it out it works great. :beer;

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
The first time I saw one in action was last winter in the Bighorns. Our group of 8 had two of them and what a TIME saver. We used the sled to sled ones and were able to get sleds out in just a few minutes in a few spots that might have taken at least 20 minutes of digging on your own. About 4 of these stucks a day=1 hour more of ride time.

One week later I went to Tog and our guide had used his so often it was stretched 30% longer than stock, but I saw him use it at least a dozen times over 3 days and I used the one I brought a good dozen times also. Time savings...at least 3 hours of digging between those 24 stucks.

These weigh a couple of pounds and slip nicely in and out of the M-series tunnel supports in back in a secure pretzel shape for easy access. Well worth the money - even if you use it only once a day.

C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
They do work thats for sure, just have to use it more instead of thinking, "this stuck isnt to bad I will just give you a ski pull" then a few more stucks from the first stuck we get it out and that quick the person is unstuck

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
here's how i mounted mine
snobunje2.jpg

Premium Features