• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Riot??

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
You control the amount of ski lift by adjusting rear spring preload, just like the cmx or a asled. The riot video shows a 3 position clicker to make that fast. Slick idea and handy like the lock out on artic cat sled.

The steep approach angle and the fact that it is only offered in 120 hints that it is not really meant to be a steep and deep kit.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
That riot skid looks exactly like a ez Ryde skid which I hear is no longer made did Polaris buy them out?

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
So if i heard right the Riot will only come in 120 x 2 1/2" track? and the Aro 3 will only come in 129x3". I want a 120x3 lol!

I don't understand the physics of kits very well but would someone explain why a steep approach angle is so bad?

Also can anyone tell whey they did to the riot to make it that playful? because it looks to me like an aro with a steeper angle?

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Single skis can handle a steeper angle because the ski helps pack a trail. Of course if you are in a RIOT wheelie the whole time I guess it doesn't really apply. No more raw option?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So if i heard right the Riot will only come in 120 x 2 1/2" track? and the Aro 3 will only come in 129x3". I want a 120x3 lol!

I don't understand the physics of kits very well but would someone explain why a steep approach angle is so bad?

Also can anyone tell whey they did to the riot to make it that playful? because it looks to me like an aro with a steeper angle?

The riot only has one control arm in the skid.
=instant weight transfer.

It appears from the video the riot is the closest acting suspension to the Tedesled design.

It’s a step in the right direction.

M
Jan 14, 2004
It probably would do well in what we have been riding the last few days. Everything from untouched 18 inches to 1 inch deep wind pack to 10 inches on a 2 inch crust. Super variable conditions with great hookup. I do like the 4 yr warranty for the snow check.

M5

A
Jan 18, 2018
Thought about it overnight and my 2cents on the Riot:

Wheelies would be awesome. Would have saved me from a lame crash into a daycampers abandoned fire pit a few weeks ago.

It looks like the front comes up really easy... never had to worry about looping over backwards on the snowbike like a dirtbike. Do I have to worry about that now with super steep hillclimbs? Hopefully some feedback on that as guys get seat time.

Single arm on the suspension is likely to be weaker than the old design. Weaker doesn't necessarily mean breakage, time will tell. The 4 year warranty sure takes some of those worries away as far as being out $, but might mean some missed rides and possible breakdowns in the woods.

Why do they have to make my life so tough, I was perfectly happy with my kit yesterday morning, LOL.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thought about it overnight and my 2cents on the Riot:

Wheelies would be awesome. Would have saved me from a lame crash into a daycampers abandoned fire pit a few weeks ago.

It looks like the front comes up really easy... never had to worry about looping over backwards on the snowbike like a dirtbike. Do I have to worry about that now with super steep hillclimbs? Hopefully some feedback on that as guys get seat time.

Single arm on the suspension is likely to be weaker than the old design. Weaker doesn't necessarily mean breakage, time will tell. The 4 year warranty sure takes some of those worries away as far as being out $, but might mean some missed rides and possible breakdowns in the woods.

Why do they have to make my life so tough, I was perfectly happy with my kit yesterday morning, LOL.

Fyi rear shock spring Preload directly influences wheelie.
(At least it does on an EZ ryde skid)

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
They are making my decision way to hard this year. Riot sounds fun but even with using the clicker on the rear shock im worried in the steep canyons climbing it will be hard to keep front down.. now 129 3in sounds good but will that 3in rob some power and be a trencher?? Hold over Aro dont sound to bad if u want a 129 but no 3in but read that they redesigned the Aro platform with less attack angle and better drivetrain!! Hmmmm

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I guess you missed the part about the quick adjustable shocks that allow you to adjust the ski lift with a quick flick of the lever. If you get that shock option.
I would guess the promo video is a bit exaggerated -- just a little:face-icon-small-win
Anyway my ARO set up is similar, in a steep climb I need to be over the bars but jumping creeks and logs etc the ski comes up as high as I want to accomplish the task. While a rigid set up can be set for perfect snow performance it is more like driving a sled than a bike with no playful feel at all.
I for one just love this RIOT it is well named and looks to do exactly what I had to work hard for my ARO to do.
That Said I am so happy with my set up that I will stick with it for a few more seasons. Although an ARO it is a Riot to ride.
There may be a 2 stroke on the frond end next year though

P
Jan 3, 2018
NH
Man, this RIOT kit is the first one to make me actually consider a snowcheck...

Who has done a TSS kit on a 70 degree husaberg? Timbersled doesn't officially support it on the site, even with the new RIOT kit but I'd really like some extra travel with this kit....

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
I'm sure its along shot but i wonder if the aro 3 track exists as 12.5 wide before its trimmed? I highly doubt it but it would be nice to try one.

T
Mar 5, 2019
i was going to pick up a used aro for next year, but this has definitely peaked my interest. looks like i have until April 19 to snowcheck 1, dealer tells me around 4200 for a non LE. i have only rented in the past, and one of my biggest gripes was not being able to get the front end up. it will be going on a ktm 300. im looking for all opinions and concerns on this thing.....

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Somebody needs to ride this machine in real terrain and real snow. That stuff on the Polaris promo was about 0% of the terrain and conditions I ride in.
Don’t get me wrong, I am excited but I have so many questions.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Somebody needs to ride this machine in real terrain and real snow. That stuff on the Polaris promo was about 0% of the terrain and conditions I ride in.
Don’t get me wrong, I am excited but I have so many questions.

Go to the red bull frozen cow tag event.

Ride a demo.

In the Polaris release they were really pushing dealers to do demo days.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Go to the red bull frozen cow tag event.

Ride a demo.

In the Polaris release they were really pushing dealers to do demo days.

If you mean the Klim cow tag event, I am going. Hopefully they will be doing a demo and hopefully there will be some decent terrain near where they are doing a demo, or at least a couple of gullies or ravines to simulate good terrain.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If you mean the Klim cow tag event, I am going. Hopefully they will be doing a demo and hopefully there will be some decent terrain near where they are doing a demo, or at least a couple of gullies or ravines to simulate good terrain.

Yeah the klim event.

Red bull on the brain I guess. ??*♂️

Be sure to give a review. (It’s pretty far from AK)

Premium Features