• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Riot??

T

Texask5

Oct 3, 2015
Anyone see on the Timbersled facebook the post mentioning the Timberlsed RIOT coming March 4? New kit design? Any good rumors? Seems too soon after the ARO release for a new platform. Hopefully something cool!

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
Just looked at that post, interesting for sure, big windows in the track. skinny edge past the window assuming its aro width. wonder if its mostly about a new track option.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Maybe they finally cleared out all the old crap parts and this is an Aro version of the Raw. Track looks to be clipped at 8". Who knows.

M5

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
Am I crazy to think that the monorail will tend to wash out on the sidehill? Not that it would be a huge issue, I just feel that hardpack manners should be a secondary concern.

Fwd55

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2015
Laval , Qc , Canada
That the way I feel too , I had a summit xm with T motion and did not like the effect of having the track sway from side to side , a monorail would have a similar effect that is one of the reason I went toward timbersled for my track kit instead of the camso

My wish list for 2020
An aro with 8 inch space rail , 120 x 10 track and a belt drive , that be nice

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
The camso and Alpha guys can likely comment the best, but it's my understanding that a monorail is great on powder, even sidehilling, and less than great sidehilling on setup or crusty snow. Not sure on the trail. Alphas not as good on the trail as same sled with twin rails, but you can't compare bike against sled since they have two skis up front and can't lean, but I think the camso guys like the monorail on the trail.

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
I rode TS for 6 years, I will never go back to wide rail spacing, the monorail is that much better. 8" rail spacing feels like a sheet of plywood bolted to the back of your bike. Why do you think everybody loves the Yeti SS because it works.

M5

M
Feb 5, 2012
I have an 018 137 Aro le and a 018 Camso... Both with 450 ktm's . love the way the Camso rails the corners on the trail and sidehills.. Single rail is the way to go.. Just needs a new suspension design... 137 Aro has it All

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The camso and Alpha guys can likely comment the best, but it's my understanding that a monorail is great on powder, even sidehilling, and less than great sidehilling on setup or crusty snow. Not sure on the trail. Alphas not as good on the trail as same sled with twin rails, but you can't compare bike against sled since they have two skis up front and can't lean, but I think the camso guys like the monorail on the trail.

After riding an alpha a bunch I don’t think there’s a downside to single rail.
(The alpha rail breaks like a cheap lawn chair though ?)

They have a lot of traction on edge.

No bad trail manners.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I have a yeti SS and a camso... I like the single rail feel in all situations... The SS comes close to mimicking it... I do feel between the two the SS side hills better with less slide out. But a yeti with single rail would be cool because the ski is way better than the camso in almost all aspects .. along with the weight savings ..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jan 4, 2017
I spent 2 short seasons on a camso was the only kit I ever rode lot of things I didn't like but I thought the single rail was the best thing it had going for it gonna be on an aro next week

T
Jan 19, 2008
Kootenays
My guess is its not a monorail or narrower rail spacing. Id think if it was they would have eliminated the narrow track windows on the edge of track which are susceptible to breaking etc. I guess it could just be a modified prototype track but time will tell lol.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Polaris/Timbersled waited a bit too long to lock in and roll out that name. Arctic cat has a machine named the Riot. Oops. Ha.

https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobiles/crossover/riot

Would Timbersled continue to move forward with a snowmachine named the Riot ever though there is already another snow machine with that name? I'd think it would cause confusion and branding clutter and noise in the market place.

Polaris/Timbersled waited a bit too long to lock in and roll out that name. Arctic cat has a machine named the Riot. Oops. Ha.

https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/snowmobiles/crossover/riot

Would Timbersled continue to move forward with a snowmachine named the Riot ever though there is already another snow machine with that name? I'd think it would cause confusion and branding clutter and noise in the market place.

I'm guessing it's too late to make a change, I heard they already have some production units complete. I lol'd a bit when I saw the arctic cat RIOT.

Wondering if the TS RIOT will be the same - as in a cross-over kit of some sort, not a deep snow machine.

Premium Features