• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mono Suits

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Can't decide. Are these cool or kinda dorky? Back in the day guys used to wear the mono suits so I like the retro angle. Anybody tried one?

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Maybe dorky, but they work, and we sell a ton of them! Like above, for some people and not for others!

sundancemtlodge

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2012
Priest Lake, Idaho
I vote dorky too. Like how they preform had to ride my budys sled out and slide back down the mountain to get my sled no snow up the back. I put my teck vest on over my suite not as dorky but works great.

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
dorky...no way around it. Retro angle doesn't work no matter how hard you try. They may pay famous sledders to wear it and promote it, still dorky and if you buy one because Justin Beiber said it was cool, your a dork, because they are still dorky.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
They may be dorky but I'm still interested in buying one for the extremely cold days of riding that we do in northern Alberta.
I'd rather look dorky and be warm then be styling and frozen !!
amen!

and if you go rolling down the hill, one less opening for snow to come into. thats pretty cool. if i hadnt just bought a bunch of new gear the FXR one looks pretty slick.

D

DoubleP

Aug 18, 2010
Calgary, AB
Mono suit

Just spent the afternoon snowboarding in -20C weather and the mono suit is great. What I like about it is the fact that there are no tight spots around your waste which makes it very comfy. Clearly one piece eliminates the draft and the two zones that pants and jackets have so heat, moisture, and fart move around nicely. Came from klim which was great but this stuff is awesome.

Forgot about the so called coolness factor and who cares as I like being warm and comfortable.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Do they look goofy?
Sure.
But that never seemed to stop any of us from buying Arctic Cat suits.
Really, consider the colors used in the past & today on Cat Jackets & Bibs.
I had a suit in the 90's that had that dumb azz green, purple & even pink on it.
In hindsight, that had to look like a homo on the prowl for sausage!:face-icon-small-blu
Some of their clothing today still looks that stupid.
So to not want a monosuit because of it's appearance is comical at best.

I would consider if I needed to replace my current gear.
Not saying I would buy it, but I would at least consider it.

Last edited:

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
The only draw back that I can see is that it would end up being just a dedicated snowmobiling/skiing suit. I can go out to a fancy dinner with my wife wearing my klim jacket or wear it anywhere for that matter. Not so with the one piece set up......
Might be nice for the kids so they stay warmer. My kids always complain that their cold, but then they're just wearing the Walmart junk snow pants and coats when we go riding. My oldest is just about done growing so I might invest in some decent gear for her.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
Got a chance to test out the FXR Maverick Monosuit this weekend. It worked killer!! And didn't look bad at all! Remember most people wear a pack of some sort so that breaks up the one piece look too.

Feel free to check out all of our onsies at www.BLOWNMOTOR.com

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Every time, I see the one piece suits, I can only think of one thing. The GIGANTIC wedgey, I used to get as a kid wearing those things.

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
I do not really know what the sled specific fart bags look like. However, ski industry companies make them look like and actual jacket over the pant. You really never would know unless you actually know the product or the person told you. As far as the wedge goes- this ain't the 80's and the make em a little better.

That said, ski outerwear simply does not cut it for sledding. If a sled specific fart bag was out there, that looked sweet (not like a bi-polar, schizo sled wrap) I could see myself in one. Especially if it was made with E-Vent (MF?)

An E-Vent fart bag would be soooooooo expensive so I don't see it unless the others really take off at retail, not clearance prices. Anywho MF? Any thoughts

Premium Features