• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low idle on 13pro

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
2013 Pro silber turbo.. long rod new with 40 miles and axys reeds , low idle condition and possibly causing a engine light with battery light when at idle. lights and warmers work fine cruising and stop working when at idle.. 1700 cold and 1200 to 1350 when hot... now I have read that guys using v force reeds in pro rides have had low idle condition so I’m gonna give it another 100 miles or so.. my question is, owned sled since new and have never messed with tps or throttle bodies. Always idled fine with stock reeds and turbo. Have most of you found that after logging some miles with v force axys reeds does idle get better with time, miles, or does a guy have to adjust tps/ idle when going to axys reeds? Any help is greatly appreciated. Don’t want to cause other problems with electrical parts because of low idle condition... if started and run above idle no lights on gauge and all is well with warmers, headlights, heated skinz brake leaver exc. only get lights at idle and head lights go out/flicker

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
2013 Pro silber turbo.. long rod new with 40 miles and axys reeds , low idle condition and possibly causing a engine light with battery light when at idle. lights and warmers work fine cruising and stop working when at idle.. 1700 cold and 1200 to 1350 when hot... now I have read that guys using v force reeds in pro rides have had low idle condition so I’m gonna give it another 100 miles or so.. my question is, owned sled since new and have never messed with tps or throttle bodies. Always idled fine with stock reeds and turbo. Have most of you found that after logging some miles with v force axys reeds does idle get better with time, miles, or does a guy have to adjust tps/ idle when going to axys reeds? Any help is greatly appreciated. Don’t want to cause other problems with electrical parts because of low idle condition... if started and run above idle no lights on gauge and all is well with warmers, headlights, heated skinz brake leaver exc. only get lights at idle and head lights go out/flicker
I switched to vforce3r reeds and had a hard time getting it to idle. I ended up pulling fuel (-4%) from 2-20% throttle up to 4k rpm and -15% just at an idle. Idles fine now with a few exceptions. If I had to do it again I would stick with the stock reeds.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Ryan have you had any issues with warmup or other electrical problems due to this... I can’t just start and bang on gas. Have you had other problems because of the low idle.. stator, regulator, etc?

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
Ryan have you had any issues with warmup or other electrical problems due to this... I can’t just start and bang on gas. Have you had other problems because of the low idle.. stator, regulator, etc?
I literally could let it warm up by itself. I would have to stand there and work the throttle or it would die. I don't think it's caused any issues but then again I'm having different issues now. Lol it's always something.

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Think I’m gonna stick the stock reeds back in and ride... with a turnerless turbo I’d rather ride than chase problems or mess with tested tuning that’s works great.... it ran great other than the idle issue and I don’t like seeing engine and battery lights in the backcountry... thanks for your info...

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
Think I’m gonna stick the stock reeds back in and ride... with a turnerless turbo I’d rather ride than chase problems or mess with tested tuning that’s works great.... it ran great other than the idle issue and I don’t like seeing engine and battery lights in the backcountry... thanks for your info...
That's probably the best bet. With a turbo, you won't be missing much anyways lol

Premium Features