• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Switchback Assault Leaky Fuel Tank

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
Has anyone had an issue with this yet? Mine seems to leak a little, I noticed it was wet around the collar and under the plastic console.

Attachments

• 800-Switchback-Assault-144_SC_Orange_Pr-1000x401.pdf
    59.3 KB · Views: 33

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Silly question, but have you tried tightening down the collar ?
I had a few leak in the past out of the top of the gauge cover as well. Had to use apoxy.

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
We did tighten up the collar. Haven't been on it since to see if that will solve the problem or not. It will be covered under warranty but I was hoping that maybe it was just something as easy as that collar being loose. I'm mostly curious also to see if it was an issue that others have had.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
I had RMK in the pro ride chassis that leaked like you are describing. Tightened the collar and the leaking stopped. I be this is the problem.

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
Rode it this weekend after tightening the collar up. It still leaked so I just dropped it off to get checked out. Hopefully it is something quick and easy to fix. Will let you know what was actually the issue.

Premium Features