• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impact to cooler .. Replace or run it

W
Sep 26, 2014
The other day hopped over a drift and when i landed .. Bang... Landed on a rock ... Continued to ride .. No issues...got home and inspected and dented the cooler.. Where the skid plate ends... No leaking and the sled is running fine... Any harm running it?

image.jpg

Lacombe08

Lifetime Membership
Feb 6, 2017
The other day hopped over a drift and when i landed .. Bang... Landed on a rock ... Continued to ride .. No issues...got home and inspected and dented the cooler.. Where the skid plate ends... No leaking and the sled is running fine... Any harm running it?
Good Day Wheeeezy9,

There is no issue if the cooler is not leaking. You just got lucky it didn't not break. Keep riding and watch for the rocks ;)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'd run it until at least the end of the season since it's not leaking. Trying to change it now would probably put you out of riding for at least one weekend. It's a major job to change one of those.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I wouldn't even worry about changing it as long as all the green stuff stays inside where it's supposed to. I got some nasty lookin fins in mine from climbing a burnt stump but I ain't worried.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Run it another 6k miles.
Seriously, If its not leaking, its not a problem. Just keep am eye on it. If it leaks, then u can worry about it. I doubt it will leak without another impact.

If ur realy worried. Let it idle till the temp light stays on. That will create the most pressure and any possibility of leaking will happen then.

Mountain Cat

Premium Features