• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BULLSH** POLARIS (ELECTRIC RELAYS IN HARNESS GO BAD FROM WATER INTRUSION)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Was ready to dump my 16 for a 18 but talked to the Polaris top rep at Jackson and all he would say is there was a wiring harness change. I kept asking about relays but he wouldn't/couldn't say. So been shopping for a G4:bowl:

H

hogan assault

Feb 16, 2012
Alberta
Do most people put dielectric grease in all connections? Or just the connections for the relays, and spark plug boots. Personal preference or recommend to do all?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Do most people put dielectric grease in all connections? Or just the connections for the relays, and spark plug boots. Personal preference or recommend to do all?

FWIW
Use the grease to help seal the connection.
Do not apply to the pins.

A copper based antisieze works well for the pins though.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
FWIW
Use the grease to help seal the connection.
Do not apply to the pins.

A copper based antiseize works well for the pins though.

I find this sentence / advice just wrong. All any formula of Anti-Seize is just metal particles suspended in a Grease. You won't (and Shouldn't) put Di-Electric grease on the pins but you will use essentially the same thing with copper particulate in it for the same purpose?

IMO; There would not be an issue if Polaris had specified / used tin plated connectors in the wiring harness to eliminate the non-conductive brass tarnish that is likely causing the majority of these issues. IMO there is little to nothing wrong with the relays, it is the non-conductive tarnish that is causing the issues. I would pull the connectors apart and replace the contacts with tin plated ones.

In my opinion; If you want a contact promoter use something that is designed for that purpose. Stabilitant 22 is by far the best I've found / used. It works miracles on questionable electrical contacts.

U
May 24, 2016
Park City, Utah
Recently bought a new 2017 Axys LE. Aware of the possible electrical harness issues, I've applied dielectric grease to the inside of all plastic electrical connectors(avoiding applying to the pins). Externally, I've sprayed Nano Protech as a water dispersant. Nano Protech has great reviews but is a bit pricey. Here's a link a to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nanoprotech-...D=5137iQYEQ4L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I find this sentence / advice just wrong. All any formula of Anti-Seize is just metal particles suspended in a Grease. You won't (and Shouldn't) put Di-Electric grease on the pins but you will use essentially the same thing with copper particulate in it for the same purpose?

IMO; There would not be an issue if Polaris had specified / used tin plated connectors in the wiring harness to eliminate the non-conductive brass tarnish that is likely causing the majority of these issues. IMO there is little to nothing wrong with the relays, it is the non-conductive tarnish that is causing the issues. I would pull the connectors apart and replace the contacts with tin plated ones.

In my opinion; If you want a contact promoter use something that is designed for that purpose. Stabilitant 22 is by far the best I've found / used. It works miracles on questionable electrical contacts.

My only thought was if a guy is going to get grease everywhere. (You know who you are) it might as well be copper based antisieze.

I've used stabilant 22 with great success also.

But in a pinch i've used the copper antisieze without any problems either.
It might not be proper but i've improved a poor connection so it works for years this way.

H

HSR

Nov 28, 2007
Atikokan,Ont
A guy on hcs stole this idea from here and is selling them as his kits :face-icon-small-dis
:Cry: extreme butthurt noted. First you were trying to disparage TAR now you're taking shots at another business. You sure drag a lot of drama around with you. Why not keep it on your website??

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
:Cry: extreme butthurt noted. First you were trying to disparage TAR now you're taking shots at another business. You sure drag a lot of drama around with you. Why not keep it on your website??

Following everywhere???

I tell it like it is. He stole the idea from here and makes out it's like his own on you're site. The only drama comes from you on hcs following people to other forums cuz you disagree. Grow up.
As for Ted, do a search and you'll find lots of negative about him.

Last edited:
R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
Last edited:
B
May 11, 2010
Speaking of drama. Why do you follow Ratchit on 4 websites and constantly harass him? Do you not have a life?

Premium Features