• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grooming Report Orr Creek, Johnson Creek, Skate Creek

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
Update to this post:

We apologize for any confusion on this post, we are the new groomers (Operators) working for Northwest Snow Grooming LLC for the 2015/2016 Season. If you have any questions about snow conditions or riding these areas give us a call: Travis Martinek 253.722.4123.

We will be operating a Piston Bully 240D at Orr Creek and Johnson Creek, and a Tucker 2000 at Skate Creek.

You most likely will see us on the trail carrying a Snowbike on the back of our groomer, we love to ride and will keep the trails in top notch condition once the snow flies! See ya on the mountain.

K

kell8071

Feb 4, 2013
Vashon, WA
Haha, a ride along sounds pretty fun based on how you described it a couple years back!

Keep us posted on how the conditions are up there, I'm itching to make it back out there this winter!

Kell

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
Funny I put this post up and I think I have a new rider all year.

We will keep this updated through the year

Remember :

Make a wish charity ride and auction is Jan 30th at orr creek snowpark all proceeds go to make a wish. Over the years our club has raised donated 60k

It's a blast heated log cabin in the parking lot.
Pot luck lunch and dinner
Bring the kids fun time
Snowcats will be there

Call me for details

D
Oct 22, 2008
Longview WA
What's the days for grooming Orr creek? And I have been to skate creek but all I found was roads. I live in Longview so if a local is in the know! Let me know! We like the lack of pressure and easy commute!

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
I'm grooming Friday JC and Orr creek 23 is washed out waiting for FS to open a bypass rd.
Johnson creek is clear.
I rode up there today 2.5-3ft. Snowing hard at our cabin in cispis 1700ft.
I'm going to groom skate creek in the morning

Travis

P
Dec 14, 2015
Lacey,Wa
I'm grooming Friday JC and Orr creek 23 is washed out waiting for FS to open a bypass rd.
Johnson creek is clear.
I rode up there today 2.5-3ft. Snowing hard at our cabin in cispis 1700ft.
I'm going to groom skate creek in the morning

Travis

sweet thank you travis !!!!!....were planning a week long trip in our rv with at least 5 sleds in tow ..and wall tent for our teens to sleep in....is there any place that you would suggest to camp? were planning the day after christmas till the 3rd of January roughly weather permitting of course. We wont be hard to find....28' motorhome....older sleds and a big tent with fireplace inside....stop in and have a hot cup of coffee, hot cocoa....spiked if you like...lol. PS my boyfriend and his friend would love to drool over your snowbike. also if you need a hand clearing anything debris etc we would love to volunteer....anything to make it easier for you guys. :)

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
By then there should be done some good snow
I will stop by I'll take spiked whatever!!!!lol

Johnson creek has a parking lot. That is the best spot now
I hope by then the FS has the bypass road open

Looks like 2ft by Friday :)

P
Dec 14, 2015
Lacey,Wa
awesome!!

By then there should be done some good snow
I will stop by I'll take spiked whatever!!!!lol

Johnson creek has a parking lot. That is the best spot now
I hope by then the FS has the bypass road open

Looks like 2ft by Friday :)

cool!! we gonna run up with our jeep and check out the parking lot maybe this weekend. a little leary of taking the motorhome and trailer when were not at least a little familiar.

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
cool!! we gonna run up with our jeep and check out the parking lot maybe this weekend. a little leary of taking the motorhome and trailer when were not at least a little familiar.

That side of the #21 road does have some steep grades on it and the Snopark itself can be a little bit of a snug turnaround for longer sled trailers...just a note of caution.

Premium Features