• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 post forward block.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Stock telescopic bars in lowest position is 8.5" from middle of bar to top of overstructure. So looks as if the HCR post with 2" riser is ~1.5" lower than the stock telescopic bar in lowest position.

where are you measuring front or back?
i get 9.5” measuring at the back, close to the pull handle.
i think that is where everybody is measuring from. I was just outside measuring on my sled. the HCR post and 2” riser will be about 2 1/2” lower than the telescoping post on my sled. the HCR post and 4.5” riser is nearly the same height as the telescoping post in the lowest setting.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Just measured directly down off the post to the bushing... it is 5.75 inches to the middle of the bars roughly... what's that measurement off the adjustable post?

photo-3.jpg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
where are you measuring front or back?
i get 9.5” measuring at the back, close to the pull handle.
i think that is where everybody is measuring from. I was just outside measuring on my sled. the HCR post and 2” riser will be about 2 1/2” lower than the telescoping post on my sled. the HCR post and 4.5” riser is nearly the same height as the telescoping post in the lowest setting.

I measured from the front side of the over structure (front side of bars) since that's where is looked like bradburck measured his from.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Just measured directly down off the post to the bushing... it is 5.75 inches to the middle of the bars roughly... what's that measurement off the adjustable post?

ok, i guess i was on the other page. i just measured mine in the same location (telescoping post). i also have the can sled parts bushing. so i measured from the front, on top of the bushing to the middle of the bar in the mounting location, exactly like bradburck. I measure right at 8”. looks like the picture is showing 6”
so it seems like the HCR post with a 2” block will be about 2” lower than the telescoping post at the lowest position.

seems good to me, i ordered the HCR post and 2” riser earlier today.

From my measurements, the zbros t-top post mount installed on the telescoping post, cut at the lowest possible spot, would end up being 1” lower than the HCR post.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I am relocating switches down by the pull cord with RSI toggle switches.

with the RSI relocation kit, where does the light switch go? I only see 2 toggle switches, one for the hand warmers and the other for the thumb warmer??

stusnow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Monashee Mtns
The kit leaves your high beams on all the time.
Just installed mine last week. horrible instructions & they dont give you enough butt splices but man it looks sweet when all together

**Tip from my experience** go to NAPA and buy a waterproof 6 pin elec plug connection kit. I added this between the handlebars and where the switches mount so you can still take hood off. otherwise you'll have the wires hooked up to the rocker switches when you try to pull off the hood

Also the RSI instructions are not very clear about the black wire for the grip. it's the Neg/ground wire for the heater elements & needs to stay connected or grip will not heat up

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
It is worth it. The steering DOES NOT feel awkward or have the windshield washer feel. I think if you go more than 2" you may notice a difference.

I no longer feel cramped on the Proclimb, but the wider and better angled Protapers had a part to play in this too. Love the new setup.

what is the trick getting the mountain strap on a set of new bars with 1 1/8” at the mounting location?

thx

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i installed the HCR post today with a 2” riser. this setup is exactly 2” lower than the telescoping post at the lowest setting

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
I know it's been talked about in other threads,but can the 2" Rox riser be used to move the handlebars forward work well Seems like the cheapest and quickest way.

I got to ride today with mine. I like it much better. Because it is the vertical steering it does not change how the steering swings. Did not have the greatest snow to test but it did exactly what I was hoping for...let me ride farther forward and keep the mountain bar out of my chest. I also like them lower for most riding. Very happy gave several demos expect to sell some.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
I did the same thing as MBMS and got to ride for the first time this weekend. I also like it much better having the bars further ahead. I am 6'4" so in the lowest notch or the next one up felt good to me with the telescoping vertical steering.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Have same setup as above. Helped a bunch but still think I'm gunna go standard post an 3" forward with short riser an try it. Think that will help lots again.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Moved my bars forward with the Rox riser, what a difference. MBMS's comments are spot on. I really like this setup. Rode yesterday without and put on for today's ride. I will not be going back. My AC bar bag still works also, lost a little space but not a big deal. :face-icon-small-hap

1rarel78

Feb 29, 2008
Spokane WA
Hey MBMS,how much weight does the headlight delete cut off? Where did you get it? How much? Sorry off thread.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Have same setup as above. Helped a bunch but still think I'm gunna go standard post an 3" forward with short riser an try it. Think that will help lots again.

I would get the post in first, then find the bar/ post position that works for you before you spend the $$ on the kit. You may find you want a bit less or a bit more...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Rk tek has a new riser block out.
Lowers bar 2" and moves them forward 2"
Cost $145.00
Www.2strokeheads.com
They are calling it a bar repositioner.
Looks like wht you guys are looking for
I will be trying one out.
Havent ordered it yet

I like most things RKT makes... but this feel like poo to me. The bulk of the post is still in your gut, making an AWESOME thing to get hurt on, and the bars feel just hokey. I won't claim it's quite like old style doo steering, but I didn't like it at all.

Premium Features