• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro 800 thermostat bypassing

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I'll start by mentioning that I have searched extensively, and while I found a little conversation on the subject.. not enough to satisfy my interest.

I would like to get my running temp in the deep just below 120, and I'm hoping to hear from those of you who have tried to do the same by drilling more bypass flow in the tstat, or other methods.
Adding coolers, and the "28$ upgrade" do not interest me right now.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Remove the t-stat, or tarra alps t-stat. Might be you're liking

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
T stat

I have gone down this same road and nothing works I no you said you don't want the doo stat but I have it on mine and it works perfectly I run 109-116 all day long in the powder the Polaris thermostat it too small to flow enough. The doo stat also adds a bypass in it aswell and makes a more consistant temp on hot starts

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
I have gone down this same road and nothing works I no you said you don't want the doo stat but I have it on mine and it works perfectly I run 109-116 all day long in the powder the Polaris thermostat it too small to flow enough. The doo stat also adds a bypass in it aswell and makes a more consistant temp on hot starts

X2 on what he said. Spend the $100 and you'll have no regrets. I went from 145-165 down to 109-116. Best hundred bucks I've spent on a sled!! The Polaris thermostat is too small and causes the coolant to go stagnant in the engine and heat up too quickly. The doo thermostat flows way more coolant and keep the pro running nice and cool!!

Premium Features