• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M8 HCR...need to bypass TSS to diagnose

S
I still have a stock M8 HCR that hesitates off the start. It is like it is somewhat flooded and a few shots of throttle and some 20-30ft of movement clears it up.

I'd like to bypass / disable the throttle safety switch and see what happens. But I do not know where to start. Can someone give me a quick description? I googled it to death but mostly found instructions for older Cats.

Thanks

p.s. I have a tether as a backup.

L
Jun 8, 2011
I still have a stock M8 HCR that hesitates off the start. It is like it is somewhat flooded and a few shots of throttle and some 20-30ft of movement clears it up.

I'd like to bypass / disable the throttle safety switch and see what happens. But I do not know where to start. Can someone give me a quick description? I googled it to death but mostly found instructions for older Cats.

Thanks

p.s. I have a tether as a backup.

i think there is a plug inside the throttle block for it, there was on my buddies m1000.....i just cut the wire on mine so its never gonna cause me problems, tether is a must for sure...

aphoric

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2011
Centennial, CO
If its the same as my m7, you can just unplug the kill switch+TSS. Behind the aluminum triangle cover in front of the handle bars, you will find a bunch of connections, but I just traced them an unhooked it. It was one connector with brown, purple, and (I think) black wires.

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
Take the throttle block apart on the handlebars. It's 4 T15 screws to get it open. There will be a little white plastic plate holding in the wires with a T8 screw. Take that off and you can unplug just the TSS and keep the kill and reverse. You will see what wires run to it. Not sure off hand what color but want to say they were green and something.

Premium Features