For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Product Reviews and Installs Reviews and Installs of products made specifically for our Yamaha sleds!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 13,971 Times in 6,668 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Installation and Review: Mountain Performance Inc, Stage 1 & 2 Supercharger

Like many others on this forum I decided to jump in and take advantage of the group buy that MPI offered all the SnoWest members in May. In my case I choose the MPI Stage 1 Supercharger for my 2010 Yamaha Nytro SE. While I was not expecting to see this till "Mid-Summer" much to my surprise it arrived today! I had told Matt that I was perfectly good with getting it 6-8 weeks from now as I have several other items being made for my summer mod list. But the good guys at MPI weren't satisfied with putting my order on the back burner and bumped me up and got my unit built and shipped right away.

I will give everyone fair warning, this is going to be a multi-month thread that gets updated many many times over the course of the summer as I tear down my sled and install the supercharge along with some other goodies.

But what the heck, SUMMER SUCKS and I can think of no better way to pass the long hot months that prepping my baby for another fantastic season on the powder.

The first round of pictures and comments will follow soon.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Mister907 (12-26-2011), Scott1 (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Currently: EVOLVING
Turbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond repute

SWEETTTT

The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo11T For This Useful Post:
Matt@MPI (06-24-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 05:55 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Charging the batteries on the camera before I open up the box!

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
robb (09-18-2012)
Old 06-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Currently: waiting for winter
wilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond repute

I talked with matt and i will also be picking up my stage 1 s/c next week. Im hoping Chris can give me easy instructions once he gets his done.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Garage

He he.
Understand I am going into this with no small amount of Fear and Trepidation.!

One thing I was REALLY IMPRESSED with when I opened the box to begin taking pictures was the Installation Manual!

That "BOOK" is nearly 40 pages, in full color, of very detailed step by step instructions on how to install and make this bad boy run smoothly.

In my world of computer software, USER MANUALS are often "poorly" written at best, leaving you to guess at how the code was supposed to work.

At first glance, it looks like someone at MPI put some real time and effort into making their manual.

Won't really know till its time to begin the install, but from what I have seen so far, there is a LOT of detail in the instructions, which for a non-motorhead like me, will be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Currently: If you can't fix it with a hammer, it must be an electrical problem.
←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute←snow∞motion→ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you're doing this to. I've always enjoyed the other review/installs you have done with lots of description and pictures.

I'm not looking forward to mine. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely excited, just a little nervous.

Hopefully you can get LOTS of pictures of yours.

14 M8000 SnoPro 162 Limited
Member of:
Americans for Responsible Recreational Access - http://www.arra-access.com

Officially retired!!

Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Garage

I am uploading and resizing the first batch of Photos right now.
Will have them posted here in the thread soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
←snow∞motion→ (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Garage

After much anticipation, the box filled with MPI's "Toys for Boys" arrives from UPS. Christmas comes a little early this year

Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Garage

Opening the box I found everything pretty well packaged and wrapped. The delicate items had cardboard & Foam taped to them, and all the parts were protected from each other with lots of paper wadding.

Nothing was rattling around in the box. Everything was tightly packed.

After removing the paper wadding, the individual foam wrapped components and parts boxes could be seen.

Taking the contents out of the large box yielded 5 major components.

Removing the foam reveiled the new toys!

And removing the protective cardboard cover revealed the intercooler, and all the subcomponents in the two smaller boxes.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Garage

My understanding is that one of the primary differences between the Yamaha "OEM" supercharger and the MPI Stage 1, is the Intercooler that comes with the Stage 1, vs. the air intake box that comes with the OEM package.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Currently: Waiting for winter...
sledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond reputesledfreak89 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Currently: waiting for winter
wilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond reputewilmot has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Turbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond reputeTurbo11T has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Turbo11T For This Useful Post:
←snow∞motion→ (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbo11T For This Useful Post:
←snow∞motion→ (06-24-2011), christopher (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Currently: Semi-retired. Work in the summer so I can ride all winter. Perfect
eyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond reputeeyefish123 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to eyefish123 For This Useful Post:
christopher (06-24-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-28-2011, 07:14 AM

Click Here to Register