• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 m1000 intermittent running, won't idle

Mar 27, 2013
Just bought a 2007 m1000 162 with 2400 miles that was rebuilt 600 miles ago. It starts if you hold it at 1/4 throttle and runs but idles low, and if you give it gas it doesn't have much power, and when returning to idle it dies. Acts like it runs on one cylinder. If you hold it open sometimes it'll go like a bat outta hell after a couple seconds, but other times itll only build 5000rpm.. I have another m1000 and have tried reeds, ecu, ccu, stator and two trigger coils by stator, and spark plugs, has 40psi of fuel pressure... What am I missing

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
you might try the injectors could be partly clogged.. if you have determined witch side/cylinder is the culprit try swapping the coils under the steering post behind the motor you should also check for cracked/faulty wires and grounds. first and foremost check compression stranger things have happened in less than 600 miles! good luck

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
My m1000 did the same thing when a plug wire was rubbing on the steering post...all the rubber was gone and the metal was grounding out on post. Also check wires and caps. Sounds like a spark issue. Maybe injectors...but less likely. You need to check basics too...when it runs bas, is one cylinder or plug wet? Meaning no spark. Or dry? Meaning no fuel. On another sled, something similar and it was bad cap. Also, check throttle safety system...it will do the same thing.

Mar 27, 2013
I ran it around a bit the other day and noticed it does if you don't give it gas like usual, but if I unplug the tps it idles and ran like a million bucks. Tried the same thing today and again it idles steady and perfect, but would die if you gave it gas... It appears I have a bad tps, or misadjusted tps unless unplugging it gets rid of another sensor/issue. thoughts?

Mar 27, 2013
Took the throttle body off and tested tps (5v supply + and - to two terminals and read third prong with multimeter) and no matter what position it was at it read 3.7v, which is spec for wot. Took off tps and found it was corroded and stuck wide open. Cleaned it up and lubed it so it sprung back as it should and reinstalled it, and calibrated it. It runs like a million bucks now, just thought I'd post back so anyone else with this issue can gain some insight.

1000cat

Apr 27, 2002
kent wa
tail light

i think there has been a issue in the past of the tail light wire grounding out check that to:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features