• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 post forward block.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
2" riser and 6'2". Love the post forward. Don't even notice the steering being different. But easier on edge and more confident on the right side of the sled. Keep pushing guys. These sleds are legit. Need more snow. With the grippers is also a great combo.

Last edited:
A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Here is a little update for the guys who dont want to mod their airbox and change out the front spar. The 1100 turbo mountain sled uses a vertical steering post, but is also mounted about 3" forward from the telescoping post. I found a used 4 stroke vertical set up on Ebay and figured I would give it a try. The post position is way better than the stock position. I have a few rides on this set up and I really like it. Doesnt take much to get used to since its still steering vertically instead of horizontal. It requires no modification except for a few spots on the cowl to clear the tripod set up. You can also still use the arctic cat goggle bag. Didn't actually weigh it, but I would have to guess its about the same maybe even less than the telescoping post because you are using a lot less parts. I see arctic cat sells a whole kit with a riser and everything you need for $249. I will be getting some more time on this set up this week, but so far I really like it and would definitely recommend trying it for those guys looking to move the post forward. The only downfall is your recoil handle will have to be pulled from the side, since one of the tripod legs bolts up right behind the recoil, not a big deal IMO.

Here is a link to the kit.
http://store.arcticcat.com/product/826628/5639-945/_/Vertical_Steering_Post

Here is a picture of the difference in steering location.

Last edited:
A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
What is the cost of that setup?

On the link I provided was $249 for the whole kit. I would think you could find one used like I did for less. Comes with a new steering post to take place of the over the motor post on your current telescoping set up. Tripod for mounting. and a 2" handlebar riser.

D

DILLYWACKER

Apr 16, 2010
Cache Valley
Here is a little update for the guys who dont want to mod their airbox and change out the front spar. The 1100 turbo mountain sled uses a vertical steering post, but is also mounted about 3" forward from the telescoping post. I found a used 4 stroke vertical set up on Ebay and figured I would give it a try. The post position is way better than the stock position. I have a few rides on this set up and I really like it. Doesnt take much to get used to since its still steering vertically instead of horizontal. It requires no modification except for a few spots on the cowl to clear the tripod set up. You can also still use the arctic cat goggle bag. Didn't actually weigh it, but I would have to guess its about the same maybe even less than the telescoping post because you are using a lot less parts. I see arctic cat sells a whole kit with a riser and everything you need for $249. I will be getting some more time on this set up this week, but so far I really like it and would definitely recommend trying it for those guys looking to move the post forward. The only downfall is your recoil handle will have to be pulled from the side, since one of the tripod legs bolts up right behind the recoil, not a big deal IMO.

Here is a link to the kit.
http://store.arcticcat.com/product/826628/5639-945/_/Vertical_Steering_Post

Here is a picture of the difference in steering location.

How sturdy is the tripod setup? I'm kind of a fat butt and I'm worried it might bend when I get after it on a side hill. But I have to admit, I like not having to chop up intake to make it fit.

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
arctic2009
Can the handle be pulled from either side of the rear support post or are you stuck to one side?
A picture of how the handle goes around the support would be great if you have any.
Thanks.

Last edited:
C

CForest

Nov 23, 2010
Montana
So there's been a lot of talk about the rox riser setup but no one mentioned the actual arctic cat part. http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...ffset-handlebar-riser-silver.html#Description Many of you are lowering the bars, but for me this makes the most sense for the money. Plus you could still adjust the height (adjustable bars obviously.) I really do not want to cut up the airbox. I had planned on upgrading to the 36" front end, but with the work that needs to be done to the shocks i'm not so excited about that anymore either. Running simmons skis now which i really love but may do this mod and run the new arctic cat ski (or gripper). Would make the front end feel narrower i'm sure and get better handling from the bars forward.

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
Here's the 4 stroke vertical steering on the 2 stroke. Easy install and the pull cord works fine from either side.

Photo0065[1].jpg Photo0066[1].jpg Photo0067[1].jpg

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Runner or arctic2009.
How'd this change the steering or handling of the sled?
I have it on my 2012 M1100T and I like it better than the lay down steering it came with.
I was wondering how far it moved the handle bars forward from the verticle handle bar location?
I wish cat would have found a way to move the vertical steering post a couple inches forward on the 2 stroke sleds.

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
I have not rode it yet to know for sure but its got to be better than the lay down post.
Now I had the lay down post being I have the standard M8000 so I am only estimating but it is 2-3 inches forward of where the SnoPro post would be.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Runner or arctic2009.
How'd this change the steering or handling of the sled?
I have it on my 2012 M1100T and I like it better than the lay down steering it came with.
I was wondering how far it moved the handle bars forward from the verticle handle bar location?
I wish cat would have found a way to move the vertical steering post a couple inches forward on the 2 stroke sleds.

It is about 2 inches further forward than the telescoping bar location.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I thought i read something about the support legs breaking on the 1100's?

Los frijoles estan muy caliente dijo la mama osa!

J

Jacob02

Feb 14, 2015
MinnesOOOta
What's your thoughts on durability with the C3 post? It looks weaker with only 1 mounting location now after getting rid of the stock support locations.

Also, can you confirm in the attached pic that part 23 is what has to be notched out?

Any concerns with sucking snow in through this cut?

I'm still up in the air between the C3 option and Rox Riser pointed straight forward... :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-dis

cat.JPG

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
You need to cut a channel in part 17. It needs to be sealed back up. Lots of different ways to do that.

I have found no strength issues. Have rolled and pulled on it pretty hard when stuck. In theory the riser block should be the weak point, depending how tight it's bolted.

The fixed vert post with the riser slightly forward and the rox riser looks like it would get the bars in pretty close to the same position.

See which setup I like better next winter when I get the 16.

What Wyo did on his 16 is also another very good option. Cut two inches off the fixed vert post and using a skidoo adjustable riser.

With my C3 setup, I have used a 3 1/2" riser and a 4 1/2" riser. For real technically situations lower (3 1/2") is better; however for everything else I prefer the 4 1/2", primarily because of my height, 6'4".

The C3 setup is very comfortable but it seems like I struggle more when I'm on the right side of the machine compared to the vert setup. Also I seem to fly over the bars/hood easier and more often. :)

We'll see next winter. It will be good to have both machines on the hill at the same time to get a really good feel for each setup.

C

Crossfirexxx

Feb 1, 2010
I ran the 2 inch C3 kit last year on my XF800. Loved the change and I feel it is as good or better on the trails that we ride here in the midwest. I posted alot of pictures over on HCS forums under the Proclimb forum about what I did. The cut in the airbox is really not that big of a deal and if you screw it up the bottom half of the airbox is only $90 or so. I used heat tape and haven't had an issue yet.

If anyone has questions I can help answer them.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I know this is old new guys but I have a 2.5 pivoting rox riser and I find the bars are a shade to low. I have to slightly bend my knees and slouch just a shade of the bars were a shade higher it would be perfect. I am wondering trying to find which and where I can get a 3” riser or 3.5” max.
Should this riser work with the C3 forward kit?
https://roxspeedfx.com/products/3-1-2-pivoting-bar-risers-for-7-8-or-1-1-8-handlebar

Last edited:
Premium Features