• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle stuck... '18 mtn cat

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Was working my way up the side of this hill using 1/4 or less of throttle input then I grabbed a handful and it took off and kept going! I squeezed the brake and hit killswitch as the sled came to a rest inch s from tree. The cable had to of bound/freeze because it came out of throttle lever! I have around 12 hrs on sled and was curious if this has happened to anyone else, kinda nervous about it as my 14 never has done that or any sled I've owned!

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
My aftermarket throttle block does it every once and a while. While riding in pow, or when I roll the sled I make sure to get the snow that is behind the throttle lever out and that it is free or any snow or ice.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
only had it do it on older sleds even more if you only half defrost them in the trailer or shop
BTW always pull the flipper and make sure it returns before you start them in the cold for the first time. just ask me why...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Buddy had an iceball in his intake stick his throttle body open due to the poorly sealed intake. otherwise frozen cables are just sort of a random occurance with the right conditions.

Also.
Tether tether tether. Saved a few run away toys just this year for our crew.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
This is the reason im having a tether. Sadly i havent got it yet, since they were backordered here in Norway.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Funny the tss didn't work...
Cable was stuck in pulled position, just like a person was squeezing the throttle. Without the cable pulling the throttle lever back to a closed position the rider would have to manually push the lever back. Hitting the kill switch is a more natural reaction and better overall decision.

Mountain Cat

Premium Features