For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Product Reviews and Installs Reviews and Installs of products made specifically for our Yamaha sleds!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2014, 11:54 AM
Currently: Not set.
judger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yamaha Nytro Lightweight Rear Suspension Kit

I purchased this kit brand new off of ebay for $400. I have done some research and it seems to be hit or miss, not much info out there on this kit. It does claim to drop 18-20 lbs from what i can find out there. i want a kmod, but again, with other things being done to the sled this year it wasnt in budget.

i have the kit installed and it is very light compared to stock. The instructions were not the best, but most DIYers could get it done no problem. I am a bigger buy 250 ish and i have concerns over if this can handle the 240 spooled up kit i am installing. i will be installing some sort of coupling blocks to help handle the power.

pics and updates will follow.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanked 14,265 Times in 6,800 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

WHAT KIT is it you are talking about???

Old 10-31-2014, 02:08 PM
judger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond reputejudger101 has a reputation beyond repute

The yamaha oem nytro rear lightweight suspension kit. It was made by bdx and is basically cat parts

Old 10-31-2014, 09:34 PM

Here is the installed suspension. the kit basically replaces the 2 suspension arms, has a new lower mount for the front shock and has a 2 wheel kit for the rear wheels.
the kit requires you move the front and rear mounting holes, it comes with aluminum templates to help drill new holes ect. the instructions are OK at best, but are adequate to get the job done. i will also scan in the instructions for this kit on this post as i have seen many people buy the kit used and cant find them.

i also have an anti stab kit coming and am trying to find my best option for coupling blocks. i currently have 2 coupling blocks behind the rear arm as you can see, but with the lightweight chromoly arms i am not comfortable with where they are hitting, i feel like the arms might bend from the pressure. i need to get blocks that hit on the cross shaft of the rear scissor arm higher up. i am looking at the new zbros kiss coupling bracket for arctic cat as this is basically an arctic cat suspension, i might just order it and hope i can make it fit. as stated above i am concerned that this suspension can handle the new 240 hp i am going to be putting out, but i am optimistic if i can get a coupling system in place.

i did not have a weight on this kit, but from the research i have done it seem 18-20 lbs is a safe bet. i purchased the kit on ebay from portyamaha.com's store for $400 brand new. if we figure to be safe at 18 lbs that is a cost of $22.22/lb weight loss (not too shabby!)

Last edited by judger101; 10-31-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Currently: Just got the 16 Cat LE Yahoo!!
TRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond reputeTRUEBLUEMAX has a reputation beyond repute

I run a Cat skid on my Nytro and I have ridden the setup that you have also. They feel pretty much exactly the same to me. I personally like the way mine works without any sort of coupling blocks. I don't feel like i have any kind of issues with front end lift while climbing. If I were you I would just try it and see what you think.

I am running a 180 turbo kit on my sled by the way.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Currently: Hello Drama and Karma...you related?
Climbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond repute

That amount of Hp will overpower the rear shock. Plus with your added weight it will be rather difficult to get a whole lot of satisfaction from the rear skid. I would certainly get a coil over rear from ZBroz or any other solid shock supplier. I see you have some coupling blocks which is a must if you poke at any type of hills. Make sure they make contact early enough for desired results.
Cheers

2008 Nytro, 270 MCX pump fuel, 174 x16x 2.5", Racers Edge Skid, CR chasis, ZBroz Front end and Shocks

Apex with MCX front mount, Full CR chasis, 174 x16 X 2.5", Racers Edge skid, Boost It fuel system

AST1

The Following User Says Thank You to Climbmax For This Useful Post:
bholmlate (01-04-2015)
Old 11-06-2014, 09:17 PM

i decided to give the new Zbros Kiss Yamaha Viper coupler system a try. as that is an arctic cat suspension i thought it would work with my lightweight suspension kit as it is basically arctic cat arms from bdx.

i got it today and it needed a few mods to fit the yamaha nytro rails. i had to grind down the bottoms of the brackets as they hit the hifax. i also had to grind a little more space in the "slot" as the nytro rail slot is a little wider. after that the kit fit great. it hit the new rear suspension arm perfect right where it should. Here is the kit installed.

A few notes, as you can see in the picture i had a "knob on the coupler system, this is not how zbros sends it. they send it with bolts to change the coupling blocks, this will not allow you to change it easily in the field. i think these knobs will work great to change the coupling. You can also see I had to bend the track rub piece as it hit the coupler cross shaft, non issue as it will not be needed with the coupling system

i wasnt very happy that i could easily spin one of the coupling blocks on the tube with my hand, they are supposed to be tight and not move. i did not contact zbros on this as i just decided to put some adhesive on the blocks to lock them onto the shaft.

all in all i think this will work perfect for this new suspension to help it handle the new horsepower. and yes it will work on a nytro with some grinding.

Last edited by judger101; 11-06-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Currently: Don't go away mad.....just go away
pelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond reputepelon has a reputation beyond repute

I used that suspension as well and it could not handle the higher horsepower. Although the m series suspension is a good upgrade for the nytro, I highly recommend you get rid of the rear shocks and install coil overs.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Currently: Hmmmmmm, new 850??????
greasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond reputegreasemonkey3406 has a reputation beyond repute

I had this on my sled as well and my biggest gripe was that it bottomed way too easy. Also, you need to cut the stock front mount reinforcing brackets. Now instead of the weight and force being spread out over that big bracket, its only spread out over a small plate. I went with a timbersled and have yet to bottom it and I also replaced the brackets.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:16 PM

long overdue update, lack of snow the past few years and building a house. to sum it up do NOT use these kits, they do not work well. i ended up just buying a kmod, should have done it from the start