For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: IQ 2005-Current, all models in the IQ and IQ Raw chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2017, 09:12 PM
Currently: My D8 is running AWESOME !!!!!!!!
IDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond reputeIDPOLARIS has a reputation beyond repute
Default 09 D800 VR

So i installed a new VR 4013587 when polaris come out with this new number because mine went out sense installed i have maybe put 400 miles on the sled. When riding last saturday sled run flawless but when i would play in the deep powder it would start to bog and the guage would start flicker like the VR was going out. Stopped on the trail let set couple minutes clean snow off hood fired up and run just fine.

Checked all connection pulled the vr off and loos and smells fine.

What am i missing.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SLP shock tower vents, Intake Vents
WRP Boards and side vents,Fat Boy Springs,KOSO EGT Guages. SLP coolant bypass kit,SLP Air horn intake.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Currently: Go Wild!
Basic Member
XCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond reputeXCaSSAULT has a reputation beyond repute

I donít know if it will fix the issue but as a precaution, on mine (since Iím on my second VR) Iíve taken the capacitor off the VR and mounted it on top of the plastic electronics guard and added some washers/shims under the VR, because Iíve read that thereís not enough airflow for the VR with all that stuff sandwiched together. And guys were reporting temps of plus 200f !! Which is at the top of what electronics can handle, and with moving those things around brings the temps down to the 130f range. Apparently all that electronic stuff isnít grounded very well neither so Iíve added a ground wire from electronics board to motor mount.

Iím a little uneasy about the extra ground thing because on a sled thatís part AC part DC youíd think thereíd be potential for AC voltage to go backwards through the ground and mess up the DC side of things...but the DC needs a good ground to work properly also, kinda a crap shoot solving these things. But with solving anything with forum advise u have to read a lot and come up with your own opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to XCaSSAULT For This Useful Post:
IDPOLARIS (12-27-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 04:55 PM
Currently: Workin hard all week so i can rip on the weekend
desertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond reputedesertdirt has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a bad power up relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk