• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tial on a Sidekick?

B
Feb 8, 2010
I have heard that for running a sidekick at low altitudes you should have the tial upgrade, what's the reason for this? I ride as low as about 5000 ft. Do I need it?

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I had a conversation with Erik Woog regarding the Sidekick at low elevation. He said Tial exhaust plus some other items would most likely be needed to guarantee that it would run well at low elevation and also in the mountains.

Now my low elevation is 1200' so it may be a bit more of an issue for tuning, than around 4000'-5000',but the price to make it run at low elevation and also 10,000'+ was going to be double that of a regular Sidekick kit. I decided to try out a Silber instead due to the fact that they live in low elevation and can easily tune here.

I would guess you may be very close to the elevation where the Tial is needed, I would call Vohk or Boondocker to verify.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
The internal gate won't flow enough exhaust by for really low boost, you'll basically be over boosting at low elevation.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
The internal gate won't flow enough exhaust by for really low boost, you'll basically be over boosting at low elevation.

To add to this, the Tial exhaust adds the external wastegate.

Louis Skebo from PowerModz has a Sidekick with the Tial on a '16 Pro.

He is running low altitude in the Ottawa area. On one of his recent broadcasts he mentioned that he was adding a low compression head this season. Possibly det issues? Not sure.

Here is a link to his Sidekick install video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJD-cqAAVtY

Premium Features