• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you are seeing DOUBLE or TRIPLE wide ads on right side.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Several members have reported some really weird behavior in their browsers that results in the normal ads along the right hand side of the forums being displayed double wide or even triple wide.

Harris Publishing (who creates and operates the advertising on the forum boarders) has been trying to duplicate this problem, but has had little success in making this happen on any of there systems.

Last night they made a change to the display code and asked me to ask any of our members who have been seeing this problem to please DELETE THEIR BROWSER CACHE and BROWSER TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES, and then to let us know if the code change had any impact on the ad display.

If your browser still shows a double or triple wide ad, please post a SCREEN SHOT of it for me to pass along to them.

Thanks.,

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Yes, still seeing it.

However, for some reason, they do have a tiny bit more clarity (??)

The ad's that is.

And this just happened like 2 minutes ago.

z double stack.jpg

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Even when they are single stacked, there is always a duplicate ad.
Do they pay double for that?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Diamonddave, did you have this stacking ads problem before the video was pushed onto us? I still think that is the where we are getting issues and errors. My work computer hates this website, I see stacked ads and pages never load without multiple refreshes.

It would be interesting to see if the site clears up if Harris would pull the video player for 24hrs.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Diamonddave, did you have this stacking ads problem before the video was pushed onto us? I still think that is the where we are getting issues and errors. My work computer hates this website, I see stacked ads and pages never load without multiple refreshes.

It would be interesting to see if the site clears up if Harris would pull the video player for 24hrs.

That's a good question. I'm really not sure. I have had issues on this site for so long.

It does seem like it got worse when the video popped up on this site.

I did notice this morning, the site was working well between 9:00am and 11:00am. At 11:04am, everything came unraveled today.

I have been asking for help but so far, nothing has come my way except for a forum member willing to remotely log on and see if he can help. He believes the ads are the issue also.

And it makes sense especially when you see this:

Funny...when loading the pic in "Manage Attachments", in both of the "close this window" options, neither will work close that window.

now this.jpg

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
That's a good question. I'm really not sure. I have had issues on this site for so long.

I did notice this morning, the site was working well between 9:00am and 11:00am. At 11:04am, everything came unraveled today.

I have been asking for help but so far, nothing has come my way except for a forum member willing to remotely log on and see if he can help. He believes the ads are the issue also.

Funny...when loading the pic in "Manage Attachments", in both of the "close this window" options, neither will work close that window.

Dave,

Your computer looks infected now from this screenshot. If I were you, try doing an offline scan using Microsoft's offline tool.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Be sure to check if your computer is 32 bit or 64 bit (so you choose the right version) and that you have a blank CD-R.
Once downloaded, run the program and it will create a bootable cd for you. Then reboot your computer and it should ask to boot to the cd.

It will start with a quick scan, cancel it and tell it to do a full scan. If it finds "potentially unwanted items", write down what it is, and tell it to remove it. Then reboot your computer to the CD again and do the scan all over again. Keep doing it until it is clean.

After all that, start your computer up and download software called malwarebytes.
http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Install that but uncheck the trial version so you are not nagged about it later. Leave the check box for "update" and "launch" checked. once it launches, check your "c:" drive and uncheck rest and tell it to do a "full scan". At the end, it will tell you what it found. You can PM me any questions or if you are unsure about what to remove.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.

You are not alone, I get that pop up very often and ONLY on this site. Been going on waaaaaaaay to long.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Must be nice......I still get whatever the crap it wants to give me.....double wide/single wide/ etc..... I won't be renewing mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Features