• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX water-air

B
Aug 10, 2017
Western MT
Just curious if any of you have looked into, or built your own water to air intercooler for a Viper with the MCX 270 kit? I’m in love with the sled and the power that the kit makes, but on the deep fluffy days (when the sled is more like a submarine half the time ) the sled falls on its face at WOT. I’m assuming because of high charge temps. Any home built WTA setups out there ? Thanks,
Bigsky

C
Feb 7, 2010
NE WA
I built one using frozen boost wta, I cut the original ata and cut the core out of the wta from frozen boost, it was time consuming, then I used an old running board heat exchanger from a polaris xlt and placed it under tunnel. I used anot rv water pump to circulate water. I also have a koso x2 with water temperature that I can wta Temps and they stay consistent at 57 degrees, but there might be easier ways to go about this if u don't have the time. Evo powersports make wta kit and alpine motorsports both make wta kits, a guy should be able to adapt to the turbo you have. I will try to put pics on.

B
Aug 10, 2017
Western MT
Very impressive. I looked at my MCX intercooler, and just don’t see a way (with my tool collection and welding experience) to modify that. Space is just limited, it’s already rubbing on the steering post. Did some research on EVO’s setup, looks like a guy could maybe jerry rig that into something workable. I would definitely like to see a picture or two of your setup though !

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I always do water to air upgrades to my turbo sleds! you'll drop your boost by 2lbs to keep the clutching in check I've used a 30 in long cooler that fits under the gas tank and in between factory coolers and that was all they was needed to keep the charge air box nice and cold. This summers project turbo viper is next!

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 37
Premium Features