• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: SKINZ Nytro Vent Kit

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A few months back at one of the SnoWest Snow Shows I came across the Yamaha booth with all the new sleds on display. Much to my surprise they had vent kits on them! Upon inquiring I found out that they were OEM kits being made for Yamaha by Skinz Protective Gear. I contacted Skinz and asked if it would be possible for them to make me a one off set.

After patiently waiting a couple of months, I was pleasantly surprised when a box arrived this afternoon.

Problem is, I am not sure if I am going to install this now, or wait a bit. The plastic on my sled is getting pretty beat up now and I might op to just go ahead and replace all of it this spring. So this thread might take a little while for me to complete.

This is the standard OEM version that is for sale on the Yamaha Website
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/p...19/15919/2011/1/9855/0/main/0/itemdetail.aspx

sma-bzel6-ba-ja-500.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The four custom vents they made for me.
NOTE: My set did not include the "round" set of vents that some in their normal kits, as the powdercoating process of making mine blue did not turn out well. They asked me to allow them to run another set of round in a couple weeks and then send them to be later.

picture.php

Closeup of Small Vent.
picture.php

Closeup of Large Vent.
Note, there is a tiny amount of glue visible from attaching the mesh screen to the powdercoated vents. A little fingernail action can remove this.
picture.php

Premium Features