• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

COMPFUSION's IMPROVED MOTOR MOUNTS FOR THE 900 IQ's - 2005 AND 2006 MODELS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
The mounts are not what causes the vibration... But good ones will help to minimize vibrations on an OTHERWISE GOOD ENGINE AND INSTALL.

Have your primary clutch blueprinted and balanced, have the flywheel balanced, make sure the clutches are set, the torque stops are properly adjusted AND very importantly... the crank taper runout is within spec.

New mounts won't make up for a bad engine/install.

Exactly MH. The root cause of vibration is the rotating assembly consisting of the crank shaft, pistons, and primary clutch. If there is an excess of vibration those are the areas to check out. A good mounting system should isolate a reasonable amount of vibration but not allow excessive engine movement that can affect belt life and performance.
The 9's are inherent shakers though, due in part, to the layback cylinders with the pistons pointing almost directly at the jackshaft. If this engine had been in a traditional configuration with vertical cylinders the effect would have been much less pronounced. I suspect that was a major consideration in lowering the jackshaft in the 06 models. In the end, one can only address the runout and balance issues and then run it.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I would have to say that on the 3 900's that i replaced ALL 4 mounts with oem polaris mounts on, that I actually noticed an increase of feeling the engine vibration. These sleds would be outstanding medical devices for people with poor circulation. Maybe that's how we get the money for them they deserve.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT,

TOP 3 things that should be on ANY 05-06 700/900 sled.....period..

get them this summer when your rebuilding, going over your sled..

Colin is an amzing guy to deal with!!!

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
BUMP!

Just received my tracking number from Colin, have to give him props for being one of the friendliest dudes out there, and lightning quick shipping!
Thanks Colin, you da man, can't wait to get the mounts!

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Got my mounts today!!
Thanks Colin, they look very well engineered, I'm excited to get them on the sled. Waiting on new rear mounts now......

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Yes I have made a change lately. The Mag-side plate has been lengthened over 2 inches and fitted with additional bolts to add support for those choosing to use the OEM cross-member. These cross-members sem to be failing more often with age and mileage accumulating on the sleds.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Looks like I will have to make an order from you this summer again Colin! You da man. Glad to see via your status that you've been out sledding!

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Actually I'm just getting in from a 4 hr run tonight. First time I've been on a sled for a real run in almost 4 years (Mar 07). The last run resulted in the Fuse being written off after being rear-ended @ 60mph. 3 years battling with insurance and I was about to get rid of the sled but no-one wanted it broken so I repaired it and she's running quite nicely. Who knows, maybe I'll keep it...:)
Eric, theres pics on the Facebook link. I'm going to make up a few plates for when guys have to remove the engine then they can add the new piece.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Are you going to be selling the old style too for the guys who want to run a Billet Crossmember?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
for those who want to see the change who aren't on facebook.

167708_184828091540513_179422722081050_516307_869416_n.jpg

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Are you going to be selling the old style too for the guys who want to run a Billet Crossmember?

The dimensions are the same with the addition of the extra section. It will still bolt up the the billet cross-member just fine. The extra holes could be ignored.
If Franz wants to add it the holes follow the same pattern just 2" longer.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I have a question Colin.... what kind of life span are guys getting out of the urethane pucks in your mount kits? Obviously oil / antifreeze exposure would shorten this time. I will probably replace them this summer anyhow, since a recent oil leak had coated the mounts, and I want the peace of mind because next year will hopefully be one with NO mid-season engine removals lol

C

CompFusion

Dec 10, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Since investing in the urethane, with the exception of a few, I havent had to send out replacement sets. The ones that I did were mainly from some other failure causing some stresses to be placed on the front that wouldn't normally be there. The urethane is a very tough material but I suspect the prolonged exposure to certain chemicals might cause some issues.

Premium Features