• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 polaris Dragon starts hard...

T

Toddstud2003

Nov 27, 2007
Denver,Colorado
Having trouble starting 2008 800 dragon. Seems to be fouling plugs. Have to hold throttle half open to start. Then runs perfect. What could be causing this problem? Help?? Just as fail safe. I always give little throttle every time I start.. Even after warmed up. Its fuel injection engine. any ideas??

S

SaskRMK

Sep 7, 2010
Saskatoon,SK
i just disassembled a blown 700cfi with chipped reeds and earlier while it was running it would take 6-8 pulls to start it even when warm

R

RMKrider700

Dec 9, 2007
Would chipped reeds affect hard starting only when the engine is cold. I have a 08 700 that starts great warm but won't start cold. I have been taking the plugs out whipping them off and re installing then it fires. They are soaking wet with fuel after it sits over night. It's fuel injected so I don't understand why it's loading up. Thanks.

S
Feb 23, 2020
I have same sled, super hard pull to start cold. Just fine when warm. runs great, only hard to even get a full pull when cold. Had an 800 that pulled easier again only when first start of the day????????

Premium Features