For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: REV Sleds 2004.5-200, all models in the REV chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Currently: Happy Happy Joy Joy - it freakin DUMPED!!!!!
Basic Member
datmony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 07 Summit X Rave Valves

So I have been reading on here quite a bit about the horror stories of the rave valves on the 07 800r. I was trying to figure out what all I need to replace to upgrade them to the newer, less failure prone version. Can anyone advise? I spoke with the dealer earlier and they noted that the valve itself was only 45 bucks each but I am trying to determine if that is all I need. For $90 I will definitely do it just for the peace of mind. Thanks in advance.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Currently: Ondotcom
Basic Member
DaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond reputeDaveB has a reputation beyond repute

Easy to do....I think the 07 and 08's were very soft material. The 09's were a bunch harder. I remember Turboal saying something about this. I'm not sure on the interchangeability, but someone will chime in here.....

Old 10-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Currently: chasing my tail
Basic Member
nor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's all you need 45 minutes to 1 hr and your done. Just changed mine last week. 07's through 09's are the same.

part# 420854906

The Following User Says Thank You to nor-cal For This Useful Post:
datmony (10-07-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Basic Member

Thanks nor-cal, that is great news. Like I said for $90, the preventative aspect is well worth it.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Currently: Not set.
Vailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond reputeVailguy has a reputation beyond repute

FYI... the old ones were stamped with a 950, the new ones are stamped with a 960 and come from germany.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Basic Member

Thank for that piece of information as well. I will be sure that they have the correct stamping before I buy them.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Currently: where the heck is my avatar?
evandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond reputeevandaigneault has a reputation beyond repute

the new ones are stamped with a 906 and have 2 slits cut down the face of them

Old 10-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Currently: Braaaaaaaaaaaaap Pray for MORE snow!
Basic Member
brahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond reputebrahm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nor-cal View Post
Yes that's all you need 45 minutes to 1 hr and your done. Just changed mine last week. 07's through 09's are the same.

part# 420854906
where are you ordering them from?

Old 10-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Currently: chasing my tail
Basic Member
nor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond reputenor-cal has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.stbonimotorsports.com/index.htm

I bought a few things from them and have always had great service. You have to pay shipping but you don't have to pay any sales tax to our losers in Sacramento