• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 SXF 450 KTM not coming up to

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
I have a few of those bikes set up. Do you have a thermostat (Thermobob)?
Radiators blocked off? An engine blanket? If not, those three will do the trick. Also I would recommend a PR2 ECU to help with the over fueling when the engine does drop in temp. You really need the temps up and fuel out of the oil for best engine life. If you have not already, visit the Snowbike section on snowest, good information to be found!:face-icon-small-coo

R
Nov 25, 2018
I have a few of those bikes set up. Do you have a thermostat (Thermobob)?
Radiators blocked off? An engine blanket? If not, those three will do the trick. Also I would recommend a PR2 ECU to help with the over fueling when the engine does drop in temp. You really need the temps up and fuel out of the oil for best engine life. If you have not already, visit the Snowbike section on snowest, good information to be found!:face-icon-small-coo

How are they blocking off the radiator?

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
A lot of different ways. If you have billet rad guards it is easier to attach to. Some have used thin plastic and slid in between the guards others have used fabric, canvas, thin carpet and Velcro to attach them to the front of the rad guards. You could have snaps installed also. Some material will get icy and heavy and pull loose from Velcro. I have the frog skin material on the front side of the guards with Velcro. This still allows some air flow. This combination of thermostat, engine blanket and blocking the radiators works well. I start the day with them both on and usually end up only blocking one side. 180-200 degrees. You will want them removable, one at a time as needed to help control temps. Warmer days, slower going or those days when the snow is thin and you are not getting any cooling affect from snow on the engine or radiators. Be creative. Take some duct tape and give it a test. See if it works for you. Then you can make some thing permanent. Again a lot of good ideas on Snowest in the snowbike. :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features