• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who premixes oil in there turbo 800etec?

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
Who premixes oil in there turbo etec and how much?(stock oil injection still functional)
I'm not new to turbo's but certainly a brp virgin. Been away from sledding for a few years but just picked up a 15 turbo xm. The sled has a BD tial/intercooler kit that I'll b running at 6-8lbs on straight AV gas. Im planning premixing for some extra insurance, but haven't decided at what ratio yet.*
I know there will b those that say don't do it there's no need, but go ahead voice your opinion. I'm trying to gather info on the folks that are premixing and at what ratio. I'll b premixing with the new xps x2-rs racing oil. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

I
Jul 5, 2001
Pre-mix

I always ran 32:1 and straight Av100LL at 15psi boost NON intercooled... was a little hard on reeds but that was part of my pre riding maintenance.

And I ran Klotz both the R50 or the TCW3 stuff.......

I have done tests back in the day of "how far is to far" with premix. 1275cc triple 13to1 comp and got all the way down to 11:1 ratio of the TCW3 non synthetic oil before it was a issue ( plug fouling ) never had to remove any clutch weight so that tells ya its still making power.....yes it was a mosquito killer for sure......LOL

I did loos a motor way back when running 40:1 so that hurt the wallet and figured oil is cheap motors are NOT.... since then its always been 32:1 or stock oil injector now....

Just think how many Stihl chain saws are out there that run on 32:1.....

Just my .02 :)

Last edited:

goin2dmtns

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I had the oil pump turned up and added 1/2oz per gallon.
Better a little extra insurance.
I ran 5 to 7 lbs on a 800 etec with an Aerocharger setup.
I had Zero issues.

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Oil

Couple gluggs of the jug n smoke them cross country ski bums out!! Give em a good wiff of 2-stroke Justice!!!?

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
how are you guys turning up the oil on the 800 etech

I think thats a dealer buds function , but can you elaborate and tell where in the system so i can relay it to my dealer , i would like the oil turned up on my non turbo 800 etech

thanks

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Says the guy who builds turbo sleds?!! Lighten up Francis!!

A turbo sled does not prohibit me from being respectful to every user group. Seriously, if you don't see the error in your thinking we will lose more and more riding areas....joking or not.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Way back when a few smart fellas on a dyno and some oval and drag motors tested the theory on how much or how little can you run while still making power.

In closed course competition, drag racing and oval racing(short WFO bursts) 20:1 made the most power.
I'd love to have an engine dyno and a few spare days to determine what works best for prolonged periods.

Premium Features