• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xp Seat on a ZX Chassis

P

PTE800

Jan 9, 2006
Ok i got a cupple questions is that the stock tank and if so did the seat mount up to stock seat mounts?
And other question dose the hood have places to mount stock light and windshield?

Yes; it's the stock tank but I made a custom frame assembly for the seat. 1" round tube fits perfect up in the bottom side of seat to construct the frame. The hood has mounting tabs welded to the frame of it to mount the stock windsheild if you want. I mounted a single light to the handle bars.

R
Aug 20, 2012
What is the easy route to get a shorter seat on a ZX. The XP? or the Dragon seat? I really dont want to rip the tank out for another on my 00 Mxz 440x

D
Feb 3, 2011
Nicely done!!

This is exactly what I want to do with my 2001 summit. I love the way my sled handles but need a taller seat due to lower back issues. Frankly I end up standing a lot. Thanks for sharing your awesome seat mod!!

D
Feb 8, 2012
Well I bought a used xp seat, gas tank, trim on top of tank,trim over side brackets, side brackets from tunnel, and the back steering post braces. I cut the tank to fit and removed material so as to allow access for using original seat back bolts that were relocated to attach the rear of the gas tank that was cut to fit around the original tank. You need the xp tank because it is the mounting surface/bracket for the seat. The original seat weighed 14.2lbs and the new seat/tank mount combo weighed 12lbs

I paid $125 for all the pieces

do you have more pictures of how you did this i wanna do it on my 2000 summit

Sep 8, 2021
Michigan
Ive been wanting to do the XP seat swap on a ZX ever since I first saw this post a few years ago, and I finally started it on my 2003 Renegade. Still working on the gas tank cover panel.... I also put the XP tailight on with some lite modification.
20210905_173618.jpg
20210826_202319.jpg

Premium Features