• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ad's

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Well, I have 2 days left before I have to renew my membership. And the ad's have gotten worse over the last while. What I do not understand is why is there 2 block ads on the right that are side by side, thus "SQUEEZING OUT" the forum. Looks like I will be a basic member again. Apparently Harris Publishing is not listening to complaints, oh well.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Slethreads we should not have to download anything to stop the CRAP!!!!!!!! These frickin moving ads need to stop. It is so frickin bad that when I type I am 5 or 6 words ahead of what is appearing on the screen and I do not type that frickin fast. Also the page down feature is jerky, you hold down on the down arrow and it will go down 2 or 3 lines and stop then 2 or 3 more and stop. Christopher I am S H I T full of this. I am glad I did not buy a lifetime this summer like I thought about. Please tell me when my membership is up.. I will give you til then to fix the BS. Now Christopher I am going to make a suggestion which I am sure every paying member will agree with. A premium member will only see a very limited amount of STILL ads per page. Let's say 2. No volume no movement. Basic members will get all the bells and whistles when it comes to ads. If they don't like it they can become a premium member to keep from seeing and hearing all the CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Who agrees with me?

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, I have 2 days left before I have to renew my membership. And the ad's have gotten worse over the last while. What I do not understand is why is there 2 block ads on the right that are side by side, thus "SQUEEZING OUT" the forum. Looks like I will be a basic member again. Apparently Harris Publishing is not listening to complaints, oh well.
I don't understand.
I am looking at the forum as a regular member in IE and do NOT see any ads side by side.

Attachments

• harris-2.jpg
    harris-2.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 12

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Today they are single wide, but too wide. Yesterday they were side by side for me. My computer steps back in time a decade on this site versus others.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
S H I T Christopher when I am in the reply to thread box those stupid frickin ads cover up the emoticons box. My GAWD this is frickin rediculous. BCR is up to 9000 members and growing by 10 a day. I wonder where those new members are migrating from? Oh and right now I am at about 8 words ahead of it showing up on the screen when I type

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You do realize that I have about ZERO control over those ads.
No matter how much you yell and scream and me there really isn't squat I can do.

The ads shouldn't ever display side by side, so far as I know.
I sent the screen shot of the triple wide ads off to the Ad guys at Harris.
They seemed genuinely surprised by it.
I have NEVER seen that myself.
So I have to think its an arbitration.
But if I can duplicate it, it will be much easier for them to solve in the display coding they use.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Hit the " feather" reply button,...... nothin
Hit submit reply,. . . . . . . . . . . . . goes to box for submit
Type reply ............................... hangs up? weird !
Post Thanks ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,, sends ya back to first in thread
Video , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , plays no sound most of the time
Chat Box , , , , , . . . . . , , , , , . . .Gone Slash cryin but gettin work done.
Smilies etc , , , , , , / , , , , , / ...... inoperative hit ( more) nada
Live Chat . . . . . . . . . .. .. .. .. inoperative
Ads ..... ..... ..... ..... . . . . . . . . . . take over right side reply box

Good thing I'm at work I may get some done today LOL

Last edited:

Braap Wraps

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2013
Laramie Wyoming
www.sledthreads.biz
For the people that are getting ads that stack up on the sides have you tried to hold the Ctrl key down and hit the + or - key to see if it changes?

Also I down loaded ad block not only for Snowest but for every other site I am on like facebook. So I don't have to see the ads.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
You do realize that I have about ZERO control over those ads.
No matter how much you yell and scream and me there really isn't squat I can do.

The ads shouldn't ever display side by side, so far as I know.
I sent the screen shot of the triple wide ads off to the Ad guys at Harris.
They seemed genuinely surprised by it.
I have NEVER seen that myself.
So I have to think its an arbitration.
But if I can duplicate it, it will be much easier for them to solve in the display coding they use.

Okay I won't scream and yell anymore. I will speak softly with my paid membership this May when it expires. I will not renew! And if everyone else does the same, maybe then someone will listen

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Christopher. I am a non paying member on a forum called Ford Truck Enthusiast. That forum is very similar to this. Tonight I clicked on the become a premium member link and the subscription thing came up just like on here. One thing I noticed when looking through the advantages as a free member it said none. As paid premium members one of the advantages was----------------- you guessed it FEWER ADS!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I'm sorry was I yelling? Seems like my idea wasn't so original afterall

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Here is another Chris. 4 ads side by side on right and they are the same company. Why have the same ad multiple times on the same page, I don't get that. Does Harris think this is good advertising? Driving it down the consumers throat, like it or not?

Attachments

• Forum3.jpg
    Forum3.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I reluctantly installed ad blocker last week. It blocked all the ads and the video last week, but the video has returned and reduced the screen viewing size again.

Did anyone have the problem with the stacked ads on the right before the video player was pushed on us? I don't remember that ever being an issue before, I personally think its the video player (on top of the fact it is eating up into our Internet usage allotments)

Braap Wraps

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2013
Laramie Wyoming
www.sledthreads.biz
I reluctantly installed ad blocker last week. It blocked all the ads and the video last week, but the video has returned and reduced the screen viewing size again.

Did anyone have the problem with the stacked ads on the right before the video player was pushed on us? I don't remember that ever being an issue before, I personally think its the video player (on top of the fact it is eating up into our Internet usage allotments)

Click on the ad blocker icon and select block element. Then click on the video. A window will then appear. click on Done. The video will disappear again.

Premium Features