• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which track to get for my apex.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Hey guys,

Rode today and my track is throwing lugs so it is time for a new one. I currently have a 162x16x2.5. I don't remember the camoplast extreme number I believe it is a 3.0" pitch.

Anyways I notice that the new camoextreme number 9176 is new for this year and is molded different. Anyone know of this track number will work for my sled with the horsepower since it is single ply now.

Thought I would double check before I buy a new one

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
haha well I had 2 missing, then went for a ride and am now missing about 8. Afraid they will continue to come off and don't want it to slow my season down.

Do I go with the same 9944, or is the 9176 a better way to go?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I was wondering the same thing...I wonder if tracks usa could answer that?

B

b_sandgren

Dec 24, 2008
Good question. The lighter track would be nice for even more speed if the lugs would hold up to the HP.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Well it looks like the 9176 track has replaced the 9944 track according to both tracksusa and camoplast. I spoke with camoplast and they said should have a lot better reliability with the new track. So may try out the new track.

One question, is my current camo extreme is less than 2 years old. Have people had much luck with getting them warrantied when they throw lugs? I heard it can take like 2 months, so may buy a track now and then see about warranty the other one

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
So I got the new 9176. But am a little frustrated since it has the little nubs between the windows so now my avids hit those.

Anyone know if its ok to cut the nubs off? Really didn't want to order a new set of avids.

Frustrating since they don't make the 9944 track anymore and the new track isn't a replacement with drivers.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I had a powerclaw like that. I used a hammer and a sharp chisel to remove them.

Premium Features