• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Mount Filter

G

GroundPounder

Aug 14, 2008
West Seneca, NY
I have a rear mount Powderlites Turbo on my Nytro and looking to revamp the whole intake (getting rid of the dryer vent) but have a couple of questions. The compressor housing is 3' and alot of people are using the Dayco #70921 which is 2.25'. Wouldnt that change the performance of the turbo? Im looking to build somewhat of a snorkel but having a hard time finding a 3' hose that would work let alone a filter that would fit.

Thanks in advance.

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
filter

for the dryer hose i found a rubber flexible hose fix that then for the filter problem i 90ed my exhaust down and closed the gap with some aluminum. then made my intake have two filters. seem to work awesome in the deep stuff... always have enough air anyways.

snorkel 001.jpg snorkel 002.jpg

G

GroundPounder

Aug 14, 2008
West Seneca, NY
That is a really nice set up. What type of filters are you using? What is your intake made up of? I really wish I could do a tunnel dump but where I ride loud exhausts are illegal are the trail police are always out handing out tickets.

G

GroundPounder

Aug 14, 2008
West Seneca, NY
Thanks Guys,

I sent Powderlites a message asking for more info on the updated kit. My whole worry is that since I live on the East Coast the shipping would take too long.

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
461cf572-720c-bf92.jpg

Sorry for the delay. I still
Need to build a little bracket to keep it from bouncing as much, but so far it's worked great.

Premium Features