• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gates G-Force C12 Carbon Drive Belts

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I was just looking in the cross reference catalog and could not find the Polaris belt # listed in there so I wanted to get clarification before I buy a belt.

Thanks,

That part number came out after the last cross reference was made and printed in our catalogs. I am hoping this fall when the 2018 catalog comes out the new reference chart will be in there. But I have the 377438 Our number which is gates number 45C4553. I had a typo on the Gates number earlier today.

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Whats the difference from 45c4553 to the 44c4553

Obviously one is cheaper then the other but will I notice a difference on my 17 axys rmk 155?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Whats the difference from 45c4553 to the 44c4553

Obviously one is cheaper then the other but will I notice a difference on my 17 axys rmk 155?

The angle on the side of the belt. I tried a 44 (pro belt) on my Axys before they released the 45 (axys belt). I blew it into pieces on the 3rd ride. Buy the correct belt, and if you can, do the proper break-in on the new belt.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Not sure what you guys do for break in but I can't keep the gates belts together for ****. Both of my sleds ate them. 2-300 miles and they explode into 1000 pieces. Stock axys belts never blow on me, but by 300+ miles they are just worn out as can be and make the sled feel like a turd. I clean sheaves every other ride and just cannot seem to keep a belt in a sled especially the gates ones.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Not sure what you guys do for break in but I can't keep the gates belts together for ****. Both of my sleds ate them. 2-300 miles and they explode into 1000 pieces. Stock axys belts never blow on me, but by 300+ miles they are just worn out as can be and make the sled feel like a turd. I clean sheaves every other ride and just cannot seem to keep a belt in a sled especially the gates ones.

I think it’s the difference between guys who ride hard and fast and the general public who could run stock 900 rmk clutching with long belt life.

Best belt life I’ve gotten is similar to you.
But I didn’t fall for the gates hype.

Only 115 (pro) and 183 (axys) belts.

Lots of buddies who are cheap and give $20 for spare belts.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Well at the end if the day it is a drive belt. Do you really think Polaris really makes their own belts? They are outsourced. I feel pretty good using a belt with a good name like Gates. I have not blown one yet. I get around 1500 miles on any snowmobile belt I'm changing it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, stock belt is good for about 6-8 rides, then perf goes to crap and you cant get it back.

Gates belt works awesome until it blows apart. It did help doing the break-in. I try to get 3 heat cycles into the belt with out being hard on it. Install new belt, ride 5-10 minutes to get it fully warmed up, then stop and cool it down. Do that 3 times.

Works great if you do 2 new ones at a time, ride 5-10 min, stop and swap belts, then repeat. I would just strap the warm one to my tunnel bag to cool off.

At least they will give you a new belt when you blow it apart.

Edit.... Forgot to mention I also installed the MTNTK Blow Hole on both my 16 and 17 axys. Not only doesnt it kick out a bunch of heat, it also keeps the clutches cleaner by getting the belt dust out.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"

What do you do for a belt break in?

Any venting on your sled?

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Gates instructions below. We have some early season belt break-in sessions and get a couple ready for the season. The Gates Carbon belt has been solid for us on the Axys platform.

Gates Belt Break In:
Perform two heat cycles in 20 miles. Conservatively run through the entire shift range, without exceeding ¾ throttle. Bring the belt back to normal operating temperature (15 minutes) then shut down and completely cool the belt for 30 minutes. Repeat the process.

Premium Features