• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 ZR 600???

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
Brother in-law just bought one but i haven't seen it yet, but I will be the one working on it. I have a few questions. Are they fuel injected or carbed? It has been sitting for a few years. If efi, what do I need to do to clean the fuel system? Just looking for a place to start. Thanks.

Cat401

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
I believe they were available in both...ZR600 and ZR600 EFI. Mine was an EFI so it always started in a couple of pulls

Put in some fuel stabilizer...Seafoam works great in all small engines

mx100

Lifetime Membership
Jun 16, 2010
Livingston, MT.
I have had some really good luck with seafoam in the past. I wasn't sure if it would work on the injectors. Thanks.
I have torn into skidoo clutches but not familiar with the cat. Any chance the doo and cat primary clutch puller could be the same? Best place to get tools? What are the common parts that wear out in the clutches? Any other advice on a sled that has been sitting for a few years?Thanks for the info.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I can almost guarantee the clutch pullers will be different.

For the clutches, check the rollers and the bushings in the weights. Also the springs may be worn out.

For other stuff, just check bearings and bushings in general, and make sure bolts are tight. Pay special attention to the driveshaft bearing under the secondary clutch, those are a known trouble spot on all Cats in that chassis.

S

spiceyunicorn

Jun 20, 2010
NW, Iowa
I can almost guarantee the clutch pullers will be different.

For the clutches, check the rollers and the bushings in the weights. Also the springs may be worn out.

For other stuff, just check bearings and bushings in general, and make sure bolts are tight. Pay special attention to the driveshaft bearing under the secondary clutch, those are a known trouble spot on all Cats in that chassis.

agreed and if its good and the speedo ever stops working stop riding it 95% of the time the speedo stops its because of this bearing failure, give primary a good look over they were prone grenading about 2000-2500 miles

Premium Features